Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vlasov: I Showed That I Was a World Champ and Joe Smith Knows I Did!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vlasov: I Showed That I Was a World Champ and Joe Smith Knows I Did!

Maxim Vlasov told anyone who would listen that he had Joe Smith Jr. all figured out well ahead of their WBO light heavyweight title fight. After 12 brutal rounds in their ESPN-televised main event, the Russian ring veteran doesn't feel he was too far off from his pre-fight take.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good to see the Stars and Stripes getting ANOTHER world champion and it’s good to see what has effectively been a return to boxing by the white American demographic that had been missing for so long....Plant, Smith, hopefully joined by Milnecki and Spencer in the future was well as others. It’s good for American boxing

Comment

Good to see the Stars and Stripes getting ANOTHER world champion and it’s good to see what has effectively been a return to boxing by the white American demographic that had been missing for so long....Plant, Smith, hopefully joined by Milnecki and Spencer in the future was well as others. It’s good for American boxing
      There is nothing good in robbery. Smith is not a champion, he does not deserve a win and I am the one who hates russia and was rooting for smith...
      eco1 eco1 likes this.

Comment

I only watched and didn't try to score the fight. But looking at it from a chair it looked like Vlasov controlled most of the fight and won more of the rounds.
        Joe definitely looked average in there. That being said,it was a great fight with both men showing a warriors heart.

Comment

Flat out - Smith did not win 7 rounds.

Comment

Smith didn't win and he knows it. In the post-fight interview, Smith was not happy at all. He emphasized that he was disappointed with how he performed and that the fight was close. I never heard Smith say anything about earning the win. Credit to Joe Smith for the honesty rather than being like Aljo after the Yan DQ.

Comment

Yeah it was close. But Smith hit the harder punches. Volume puncher Vlasov was very awkward but never hit with matched power.
              Coulda been a draw. But I think it was a fair decision.

Comment

I like Smith but he didn’t win that fight

Comment

Rematch would be fine. Winner fights Beterbiev.

Comment

Yeah, this was a flat out robbery. The fight was competitive, true, but it was not close, not by the way a fight is judged. There were 7 clear Vlasov rounds imo, there should be no way a judge could have scored the fight for Smith, I had at 116-112 Vlasov and felt very good about that card. I'd like to see the WBO mandate Vlasov vs Salamov as a final eliminator
                    eco1 eco1 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X