Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Callum Johnson: If Joe Smith Gets The Title, That's a Dream Fight For Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Callum Johnson: If Joe Smith Gets The Title, That's a Dream Fight For Me

English light-heavyweight dangerman Callum Johnson is waiting in the wings, hoping to meet the winner of this weekend's vacant WBO title fight between Joe Smith and Maxim Vlasov. They collide in Tulsa [today/Saturday] two weeks before Johnson returns to the ring in a 10-rounder against Croat Emil Markic.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Johnson is one of those guys I lumped with Smith that just had raw, game changing power. But Smith has improved a lot since his loss to Bivol, while Johnson may still just be one dimensional power. I'll have to watch his next fight. Didn't know it was in a couple weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
      Johnson is one of those guys I lumped with Smith that just had raw, game changing power. But Smith has improved a lot since his loss to Bivol, while Johnson may still just be one dimensional power. I'll have to watch his next fight. Didn't know it was in a couple weeks.
      isn't callum the only guy to legitimately KD bertiviev?

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post

isn't callum the only guy to legitimately KD bertiviev?
        Yup. Had Artur dazed too. Caught him good. Was an entertaining fight while it lasted. I was shocked Artur took the fight as a "tune up/voluntary defense" because it's what most fans on here would call "too high risk, too low reward" which I guess is true, since everyone now calls Callum a bum lol

Comment

Johnson can bang, that'd be an all action fight

Comment

I like this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
              This ^. Johnson now is about where Smith was 5 or 6 years ago developmentally, but being matched tough with some of the best in the division has tempered Smith into a far more capable fighter with a wealth of top level experience to call on. Still be a real fun war but I've little doubt Joe would win it.

Comment

Working...
              X