Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jaron Ennis: I'm Gonna Make Them All Believers; Make Statement By Knocking Out Lipinets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jaron Ennis: I'm Gonna Make Them All Believers; Make Statement By Knocking Out Lipinets

UNCASVILLE, Connecticut - Jaron Ennis isn't just confident he'll beat Sergey Lipinets convincingly Saturday night at Mohegan Sun Arena. The undefeated welterweight from Philadelphia is certain he'll become the first opponent to knock out Lipinets in their "Showtime Championship Boxing" main event. Kazakhstan's Lipinets has lost only a 12-round unanimous decision to Mikey Garcia, who dropped Lipinets in the seventh round of their 140-pound bout in March 2018 at Freeman Coliseum in San Antonio.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    siablo14 siablo14 likes this.

Ennis in his last fight was trying so hard to impress that it ended in a head butt and a nasty gash. He previously did the same with a different opponent that he was so eager that it wasn't his best performance. He has to settle down and already know that he can do all those things that we have seen him do.
    kiaba360 kiaba360 likes this.

Comment

A bigger statement would be made if he ever secured a bout with Crawford or Spence, and beat one of them.

Knowing boxing today, the cynic in me says those fights will never happen, or after its irrelevant when they've all lost once already.

If we could get a UFC model, not in terms of one promoter monopolizing everything, but in such a way that the best are forced to fight the best, then this sport will thrive again.
      siablo14 siablo14 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
        Ennis in his last fight was trying so hard to impress that it ended in a head butt and a nasty gash. He previously did the same with a different opponent that he was so eager that it wasn't his best performance. He has to settle down and already know that he can do all those things that we have seen him do.
        PREACH! Exactly what I was thinking! Just win! If the KO comes, so be it! I would be just as impressed if he won every round and went 12!

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
          A bigger statement would be made if he ever secured a bout with Crawford or Spence, and beat one of them.

Knowing boxing today, the cynic in me says those fights will never happen, or after its irrelevant when they've all lost once already.

If we could get a UFC model, not in terms of one promoter monopolizing everything, but in such a way that the best are forced to fight the best, then this sport will thrive again.
          I doubt if Spence Jr. fights him @ 147! Probably @ 154! Spence can't stay at 147 much longer. I see a better chance of Vergil Ortiz Jr. vs. Crawford @ 147!

Comment

The supposed problem here, is Sergei's hard head. Ennis could hurt his hands, good wrapping might help too.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post

The supposed problem here, is Sergei's hard head. Ennis could hurt his hands, good wrapping might help too.
              Sergie is a proven fighter. I am very interested in this fight.

Comment

Sergie is a proven fighter. I am very interested in this fight.
                Don't you think I won't watch it. I wouldn't speculate if it was nothing. I'll be eating crow if Lipinets wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  I doubt if Spence Jr. fights him @ 147! Probably @ 154! Spence can't stay at 147 much longer. I see a better chance of Vergil Ortiz Jr. vs. Crawford @ 147!
                  I'm hearing Spence's next fight is probably his last at 147?

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post

Don't you think I won't watch it. I wouldn't speculate if it was nothing. I'll be eating crow if Lipinets wins.
                    I am with you. Great test for Ennis to see where he is at.

Comment

Working...
                    X