Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chris Colbert vs. Yuriorkis Gamboa in Play For Showtime Clash, Sources Say

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chris Colbert vs. Yuriorkis Gamboa in Play For Showtime Clash, Sources Say

Junior lightweight Chris Colbert is close to a deal to make the next defense of his WBA interim title against former unified featherweight world titlist Yuriorkis Gamboa, multiple sources with knowledge of the discussions told BoxingScene on Friday.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Gamboa is just being used as a name..sad

Comment

Yuriorkis is 39, but he either needs the money or is delusional enough to believe he's still in the game as a contender for the title.

Comment

Not the worst name for Lil BHop's resume but he is coming off consecutive losses.
        siablo14 siablo14 likes this.

Comment

Gamboa is really making the rounds.....I really like Colbert, been following him for a few years now but I'm not gonna stick up for this fight after ****ting on Tank and Haney for it.

Comment

I don't like it Gamboa hasn't made 130 in like 8 years not sure he can safely make it anymore I got Colbert by KO even though he's not a huge puncher.

Comment

is everyone just going to take turns running a train on Gamboa? hes not even putting up good fights anyway, whats the point of this fight?
              siablo14 siablo14 likes this.

Comment

Gamboa is now a stepping stone. A good name to have in a record. He looks good but does enough to loose.

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
                  I don't like it Gamboa hasn't made 130 in like 8 years not sure he can safely make it anymore I got Colbert by KO even though he's not a huge puncher.
                  He looked like he was sporting a beer belly against Haney. 130 shouldn’t be an issue IMO.

Comment

It's a good name on the resume, especially if you can win it in more spectacular fashion than the previous guy. Other than that there isn't anything compelling about Gamboa at this stage. He looks very shopworn and not particularly competitive.

I imagine Gamboa is just trying to squeeze out as much money before he rides off into the sunset. He had alot of strife with his different promotional teams and I wouldn't be surprised if he was short-shifted by alot of those guys.
                    TrillScottHeron TrillScottHeron likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X