Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Clayton: People Are Sleeping On Lipinets, But He's A Big Step Up For Ennis, Will Test Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Clayton: People Are Sleeping On Lipinets, But He's A Big Step Up For Ennis, Will Test Him

Custio Clayton is impressed by Jaron Ennis' physical attributes. The unbeaten Canadian welterweight gives Sergey Lipinets a better chance than most to upset the gifted Philadelphia fighter on Saturday night, though. The 23-year-old Ennis is listed as at least an 8-1 favorite over Lipinets, but Clayton expects Lipinets to legitimately test Ennis in their 12-round welterweight fight at Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut.
    [Click Here To Read More]

guy's throwing like 6-7 punches per round being on his bike thought he won, you've got a gifted draw just because the fight was on the right channel with the right ppl around orginizing this fight who were supporting you, dont forget that

Comment

I think everyone agrees this is a big step up for Ennis. Looking forward to seeing it
      siablo14 siablo14 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Satir View Post
        guy's throwing like 6-7 punches per round being on his bike thought he won, you've got a gifted draw just because the fight was on the right channel with the right ppl around orginizing this fight who were supporting you, dont forget that
        who are you referring to?

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post

who are you referring to?
          strangely enough those Showtime commentators alongside with Mares were all over Clayton's balls, jumping on his stick, they were instructed who to root for, just listen to them in the 2nd round, timestamp 14:30-14:50

https://youtu.be/RJbGxBKfDGE
          siablo14 siablo14 likes this.

Comment

I agree with Clayton, that is what makes this fight so interesting. Lipinets is going to test Ennis, this is sink or swim.

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing Stanionis too! I think Stanionis and Yelelussinov could be problems at 147!

Comment

Sergey stepped up to to 147 in 2018 I would say it was a natural step up in weight but Ennis has always been at 147 I believe. Factor in I don't know, I do look at those things tho. Sergey can go rounds but he has to make the fight go rounds it makes for an interesting fight. I like the match up, I like all three fights on the card for many reasons. I see it as being able to find out a lot about all six fighters not just on one side or the other. But if you saw my pick last week well that is why I watch the fights. Good for Showtime tho, they got a good card here.

Comment

I agree, I don't think Lipenets wins, but he is very durable and will hopefully take boots to the later part of the fight

Comment

Working...
                  X