Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Munguia: Golovkin is No Longer The Same - But It Would Be an Honor To Fight Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Munguia: Golovkin is No Longer The Same - But It Would Be an Honor To Fight Him

Former WBO junior middleweight world champion Jaime Munguia is very eager to secure a world title fight with IBF world champion Gennady Golovkin. Munguai will continued his run at middleweight on April 23, when he faces another unbeaten, D'Mitrius Ballard, who replaces Maciej Sulecki, after suffering an injury at his training camp.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 04-08-2021, 08:35 PM.

Correct, Golovkin probably isn't the same fighter he was even 2-3 years ago, but Munguia gets the same type of beating. Golovkin just has too many tricks up his sleeve. I know there's a certain contingency here that's of the belief that all Golovkin does is eat punches and tries to swing hard. You don't amass the amateur record he had without having a slight ability to box. Golovkin has great subtle defensive skills that suit his come-forward style. He has pretty good timing and distance control and his foot placement provides balance for his power punching.. He's a mid-range fighter in my opinion. He isn't going to dazzle you on the inside or fighting off the backfoot, he wants maxium velocity in the punches he throws. He's basically dropped or stopped everyone he's fought minus Canelo.

Comment

Easy fight for GGG even if he is a little past his peak, Munguia would get beat down with no defensive mobility or way to defend against the offense.

Comment

Ggg is going to belt munguia like a pinata and stop him late.
        it’ll be a career shortening beat down in my opinion

Comment

Then stop talking about it and fight him!

Comment

Originally posted by chaosisme View Post
            Correct, Golovkin probably isn't the same fighter he was even 2-3 years ago, but Munguia gets the same type of beating. Golovkin just has too many tricks up his sleeve. I know there's a certain contingency here that's of the belief that all Golovkin does is eat punches and tries to swing hard. You don't amass the amateur record he had without having a slight ability to box. Golovkin has great subtle defensive skills that suit his come-forward style. He has pretty good timing and distance control and his foot placement provides balance for his power punching.. He's a mid-range fighter in my opinion. He isn't going to dazzle you on the inside or fighting off the backfoot, he wants maxium velocity in the punches he throws. He's basically dropped or stopped everyone he's fought minus Canelo.
            True, punches may land but not necessarily flush. He knows when and how to take a punch to land his own with bad intentions. Could also be what made the Canelo fights possible to be judged in so many polarizing ways.

Comment

Munguia by stoppage. Golovkin ducked Munguia and is still ducking Andrade.

Comment

If GGG has truly declined so much to make this even close to a competitive fight, then he should probably just retire.

I don't understand why anyone is even talking about this fight. Didn't Munguia almost lose to some C-level, totally unknown, Irish fighter recently? At 154 pounds too? And GGG is supposed to be an ATG at 160, but we're talking about these two guys fighting?

It doesn't even make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by TinAgeOfBoxing View Post
                  Munguia by stoppage. Golovkin ducked Munguia and is still ducking Andrade.
                  Golovkin never ducked Mongo. The fight wasn't allowed to go ahead on account of the commission thinking Mongo was going to get seriously hurt if he got into a ring with Golovkin. This fantasy you've made up in your head is just that, fantasy.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                    If GGG has truly declined so much to make this even close to a competitive fight, then he should probably just retire.

I don't understand why anyone is even talking about this fight. Didn't Munguia almost lose to some C-level, totally unknown, Irish fighter recently? At 154 pounds too? And GGG is supposed to be an ATG at 160, but we're talking about these two guys fighting?

It doesn't even make sense.
                    He didn't almost lose to him, he did lose to him. They just robbed him of the decision and refused to give him a rematch. They claimed it was the weight making which made it difficult to compete. Only to then have his next fight at 154. Haha.

Comment

Working...
                    X