Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Trainer: We Want Vergil Ortiz To Become World Champ At 147 Before He Moves Up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Trainer: We Want Vergil Ortiz To Become World Champ At 147 Before He Moves Up

The most common reaction to Vergil Ortiz Jr. calling out Terence Crawford for his next fight is that it is too ambitious of a move. On the other side of the equation is the desire for the unbeaten Texan to win his first major title at welterweight before outgrowing the division.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I would say go for the Crawford fight, since Porter isn't prepared to ask the WBO for a mandatory shot.

Comment

Fight Ugas than.

Comment

Yeah what Ray said. I think Ortiz is ranked #2 with WBO. Maybe they can put him at #1 so he can activate the mandatory. We all know that's the only way Crawford will take a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ReggieKray View Post
          Yeah what Ray said. I think Ortiz is ranked #2 with WBO. Maybe they can put him at #1 so he can activate the mandatory. We all know that's the only way Crawford will take a fight.
          Yeah, that's the sad part!

Comment

Get a good southpaw first! I suggest Daniyar Yeleussinov!

Eddie Hearn: Daniyar Yeleussinov ‘ready for anyone’ in welterweight division

​​​​​​November 30, 2020:

Yeleussinov has great ability, and Hearn may be right that he’s settled in as a pro now. Some of his early bouts in the paid ranks weren’t as impressive as might have been expected, but he’s tearing through opponents now, winning his last three by stoppage. He shows power, skill, and some ferocity with the way he fights.

Hearn has suggested a potential matchup with the aforementioned Vergil Ortiz Jr (16-0, 16 KO), a Golden Boy fighter. That one could be pretty easy to make, in theory — both Matchroom and Golden Boy are with DAZN, after all, and both fighters need a step up. That sort of matchup would be truly welcome by boxing fans, I’d say.

https://www.badlefthook.com/2020/11/...xing-news-2020

Comment

If he can pick off Terence Duckford then i nice Texas showdown with Spence would be the best fight for boxing hands down

Comment

the way it looks now the biggest competitor for Vergil at 147, 154 and 160 will be Ennis

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
                  Fight Ugas than.
                  Yeah, that's probably the only WW champ he'll get. Now that the other guys know that he's struggling to make 147lbs, they'll wait him out till he has to move up. I don't think Ortiz ever fights Crawford, which is a real shame, but I think he eventually gets Spence at 154 or 160.

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post

Yeah, that's probably the only WW champ he'll get. Now that the other guys know that he's struggling to make 147lbs, they'll wait him out till he has to move up. I don't think Ortiz ever fights Crawford, which is a real shame, but I think he eventually gets Spence at 154 or 160.
                    Spence is 31. No way in hell he's moving up to 160 anytime soon as he never even fought at 154. I'd be surprised if he ever moved up to 154 either, if he's still making 147 with ease I see no reason for him to.

Comment

Working...
                    X