Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Berlanga: Nicholson Is My Best Opponent To Date; He Better Be Prepared For Fireworks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Berlanga: Nicholson Is My Best Opponent To Date; He Better Be Prepared For Fireworks

Edgar Berlanga isn't sure if Demond Nicholson will finally become the opponent to take him into the second round of a professional fight. The Brooklyn-based knockout artist still considers Nicholson an incremental step up in competition from Ulises Sierra. Berlanga, who has begun his career with 16 straight first-round knockouts, became the first opponent to stop Sierra inside the distance when the super middleweight prospect defeated him by first-round technical knockout December 12 in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

WAR Berlanga !!!!!!!!!!!, kid gets a ton of hate here and I have no clue why .....Power is real , but we have to se what happens when his heart gets tested in the ring to see if he is the "real" deal....

Comment

Nicholson? Why? Top Rank has an experienced guy for Berlnga in-house: Steven Nelson (17-0 w/ 14 KOs).

STEVEN NELSON FACES DEANDRE WARE ON HERRING-OQUENDO CARD ON SEPT. 5

Super middleweight prospect Steven Nelson will face DeAndre Ware on September 5, Top Rank announced Thursday afternoon.

The 10-round bout will take place at the MGM Grand Conference Center in Las Vegas, Nevada and will precede the main event bout between WBO junior lightweight titleholder Jamel Herring and Jonathan Oquendo.

Both fights will stream live on ESPN+ (10 p.m. ET/ 7 p.m. PT).

Nelson (16-0, 13 knockouts), who lives and trains in Omaha, Nebraska, stopped Cem Kilic in a clash of unbeaten fighters in his last bout on January 11 in Atlantic City, New Jersey. With the win over Kilic, Nelson has stopped six of his last seven opponents.

The 32-year-old trains alongside Herring and WBO welterweight titleholder Terence Crawford. Nelson is confident he can defeat Ware and line up more-lucrative fights down the line.

“I’ve been training and staying ready in Omaha with my team,” said Nelson, who is trained by Brian ‘Bomac’ McIntrye. “Now it’s time to clock in for overtime. No audience? I don’t need cheers to do my job. I’m focused on the task at hand, which is to defeat DeAndre Ware.”

https://www.ringtv.com/607594-steven...ard-on-sept-5/

Photos: Steven Nelson Bloodied By Cuts, Stops DeAndre Ware

https://www.boxingscene.com/photos-s...e-ware--151521

Comment

[QUOTE=Bronx2245;n30845623]Nicholson? Why? Top Rank has an experienced guy for Berlnga in-house: Steven Nelson (17-0 w/ 14 KOs).

They are probably saving that fight for a bigger date like June for example. Those 2 are TopRanks best talent in the division probably don't want to dispose of one just yet . Besides Berlanga needs someone to give him rounds before he steps up against a top 20 opponent, hopefully Demond whose top 40 can do just that .

Comment

[QUOTE=Ricardi;n30845647]
          Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          Nicholson? Why? Top Rank has an experienced guy for Berlnga in-house: Steven Nelson (17-0 w/ 14 KOs).

They are probably saving that fight for a bigger date like June for example. Those 2 are TopRanks best talent in the division probably don't want to dispose of one just yet . Besides Berlanga needs someone to give him rounds before he steps up against a top 20 opponent, hopefully Demond whose top 40 can do just that .
          No, Top Rank doesn't want Berlanga the Bum Smoker to get exposed by Steven "So Cold" Nelson.

Comment

[QUOTE=Ricardi;n30845647]
            Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post

That would be nice for NYC! Not sure if a quick turnaround is what they should do for Nelson?

Comment

Working...
            X