Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto vs. Marquez: Freddie Roach, Nacho Beristain Embrace The Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cotto vs. Marquez: Freddie Roach, Nacho Beristain Embrace The Fight

They were unable to reach an agreement in 2016, but former four division world champions Miguel Cotto and Juan Manuel Marquez will settle their unfinished business in two months time.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Why is this an "exhibition" and not a real fight?

Comment

Originally posted by sidefx996 View Post
      I have a feeling they are testing the waters and if this does well finacially and their bodies respond well, then I can see a real fight coming.

Comment

As long as there is no headgear and 16oz carnival gloves. Cotto is the much younger guy, but he has no punch resistance, so a real fight between these two could be fun.

Comment

I don't know.....that exhibition between Tyson and Jones Jr was such a sham. Roy running and holding, then it was declared a draw when anyone with eyes could see Mike won it. The most entertaining thing about it was Snoop's commentary. I'd be interested if I knew it was more of a fight. And if it's going to be an "all participants win" type of situation, what is the point?

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
            As long as there is no headgear and 16oz carnival gloves. Cotto is the much younger guy, but he has no punch resistance, so a real fight between these two could be fun.
            no punch resistance? What are you basing that on? He’s been stoped twice his entire career and the last time was 2009. He also went 12 competitive rounds with canelo and was never in any real trouble.

Da Boxer Da Boxer likes this.

Comment

100% JMM will again show up with a huge upper body and toothpick legs. Like a golf ball ready for tee off

Comment

Originally posted by sidefx996 View Post
                By being an exhibition, I’m sure that Cotto and Marquez will avoid paying any sanctioning bodies and other parties any fees that they usually charge when holding a ranked boxing match

Comment

Embracing those $$$$$$'s

Comment

#KingCotto about to wreck Marquez!

Hope this develops into a real fight!

#WarCotto

Comment

Working...
                    X