Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vlasov: Joe Smith's A Very Simple Fighter, Predictable; Alvarez's Mistakes Allowed Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vlasov: Joe Smith's A Very Simple Fighter, Predictable; Alvarez's Mistakes Allowed Win

Joe Smith Jr. mostly received rave reviews for how he fought while defeating Eleider Alvarez. Smith was thoroughly beating Alvarez on all three scorecards before becoming the first opponent to knock out the Colombian contender August 22 in Las Vegas. His right-left combination sent Alvarez through the two bottom ropes, onto the ring apron, flat on his back and out for the count in the ninth round at MGM Grand Conference Center.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I think Vlasov will get robbed and they will make Smith vs Beterbiev and fans will lap it up. While not sold on Beterbiev he'll beat the absolute hell out of Smith & knowing boxing Beterbiev will then be 38 or 39 or something by the time this happens and fans will say he was washed up when Bivol takes him to school.

Fans can say this is a good fight, Smith vs Beterbiev will be a banger, but for me this is why boxing is dying.
    Too much stalling, belts and bs politics

Comment

I would like Vlaslov’s chances if he wasn’t 50 years old and COVID positive.

Comment

If Joe is such a 'simple fighter', wonder how Vlaslov will handle all that pressure and power? IMO, in recent fights, Joe uses smart pressure and doesn't rely on his power as much as he did early on. I think his formula wins the fight for him.

Comment

Working...
        X