Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Herring: Stevenson Fight Is Big, Would Pay Well; Valdez Fight Makes More Sense Right Now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Herring: Stevenson Fight Is Big, Would Pay Well; Valdez Fight Makes More Sense Right Now

Jamel Herring respects and appreciates what the WBO has done for his career. The WBO junior lightweight champion still doesn't intend to allow a mandatory title defense against Shakur Stevenson stand in the way of the fight Herring really wants now that he has beaten Carl Frampton. If that means giving up his WBO belt to oppose Oscar Valdez later this year, Herring has no problem taking that route.
    [Click Here To Read More]

"Herring, Stevenson and Valdez all are promoted by Bob Arum’s Top Rank Inc., but it isn’t clear if Valdez would be interested in facing Herring if Herring relinquishes the WBO belt because it wouldn't be a title unification fight. If Stevenson were to win the vacant WBO title by beating Nakathila, Valdez might view the 2016 Olympic silver medalist as a more attractive opponent than Herring."

Sorry, but you're going to have to pay Stevenson, or fight him! Valdez will not fight you without that strap! Honestly, you shouldn't do neither! Move to 135, and become Teofimo Lopez's mandatory! That's probably better than fighting your friend!

Gary Russell Jr., this is the time to move up! Valdez vs. GRJ would be great!

PBC, where's Chris "Prime Time" Colbert! I need that ASAP!

Comment

So he's scared of Stevenson. When he thinks of the money he knows hed make more but whoa, no way!!! Gotta find another guy who's 5 inches smaller just like Frampton was instead.
      Stevenson should fight Colbert. My moneys on Colbert.
      Last edited by Wacked_Out; 04-07-2021, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wacked_Out View Post
        So he's scared of Stevenson. When he thinks of the money he knows hed make more but whoa, no way!!! Gotta find another guy who's 5 inches smaller just like Frampton was instead.
        I have to laugh because I’m not quite understanding your logic. If I fight Valdez I’d without a doubt be the #1 guy, a TWO TIME world champion, and lineal champion, but I’m sorry if God blessed me with my frame. It’s called WEIGHT classes, not height classes in boxing.
        buge buge likes this.

Comment

On one hand, he said if he beats Stevenson, ppl will talk and say he was young. On the other hand, he says he thinks Stevenson is one of the best out there. This is called avoiding an opponent, and there are many ways to do it. Implying a guy is green or doesn't have the resume is one well known way. The only one who seemed eager to fight Shakur was that girl in the parking lot brawl a few years ago. She should be ranked in the top 10 on courage alone
          LeOoze LeOoze likes this.

Comment

I prefer Herring vs. Valdez next. Unifications>Mandatories although i heard that the WBO was the only Org not on board with that philosophy.

Comment

Originally posted by Cashtro View Post

I have to laugh because I’m not quite understanding your logic. If I fight Valdez I’d without a doubt be the #1 guy, a TWO TIME world champion, and lineal champion, but I’m sorry if God blessed me with my frame. It’s called WEIGHT classes, not height classes in boxing.
              So are you going to drop the belt? Because if you do, what is the guarantee that you and Oscar would end up fighting!

Or do you think Oscar would go after Shakur if you drop the belts?

Comment

Originally posted by Wacked_Out View Post
                He is scared of Steveson but he will go after the more proven fighter. It makes no sense. Herring is racing Father Time, either fight I would watch.

Comment

A guy as likeable as Jamel Herring, at the stage of his career he's at, you just want the best for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post

So are you going to drop the belt? Because if you do, what is the guarantee that you and Oscar would end up fighting!

Or do you think Oscar would go after Shakur if you drop the belts?
                    I’m just waiting to see which offer comes first. Before Oscar called me out, I already had intentions on moving up, hence why my boy (because he’s still my boy) Shakur is fight the #2 rated individual under the WBO, because say I vacate today, the WBO would ordered the #1 and 2 individuals to fight for the title, so EVERYONE involved had it in their head that I was moving up. The only reason I’d stick around for Valdez is because it would give me the chance of becoming a 2X champion, and possibly fight for the lineal title. What’s funny is people act as if choosing Valdez is a EASY fight. Oscar Valdez isn’t a slouch! He’s also tough! I just see that the that fight would do mor for my own legacy, and they’ve been interested to fight me, with or without the WBO title.

Comment

Working...
                    X