Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thomas Dulorme: The Stanionis Team Made a Serious Mistake

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Thomas Dulorme: The Stanionis Team Made a Serious Mistake

Welterweight contender Thomas Dulorme told Boxeomundial.com in a recent video interview that his Showtime televised fight on Saturday night, against Lithuanian Eimantas Stanionis, has a real possibility of not reaching the distance.
    [Click Here To Read More]

You couldn't KO Jamal "Shango" James, so um...no I don't believe you! How do you come off a loss and get to fight in an eliminator? Why couldn't this be Jamal James vs. Vergil Ortiz Jr? Stanionis is ranked #10, and Dulorme is ranked #14! WBA is the worst!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      You couldn't KO Jamal "Shango" James, so um...no I don't believe you! How do you come off a loss and get to fight in an eliminator? Why couldn't this be Jamal James vs. Vergil Ortiz Jr? Stanionis is ranked #10, and Dulorme is ranked #14! WBA is the worst!!!
      Jamal James is already a world champ and has a Butaev problems, WBA became a joke, corrupted by Haymon's money

Comment

Originally posted by Satir View Post

Jamal James is already a world champ and has a Butaev problems, WBA became a joke, corrupted by Haymon's money
        Jamal James has a secondary title (World), just like Vergil Ortiz Jr. (Gold)! They have Jamal James fighting Butaev, but Vergil Ortiz Jr. would've been way better! No organization should have 3 Champions in one division! They have 3 at HW, 3 at 200, 3 at 168, 3 at 154, 3 at 140, 3 at 135, 3 at 130, 3 at 122, 3 at 115, and 3 at 105! That don't make no damn sense, and that has nothing to do with Al Haymon!

Comment

Well this is a good barometer. We'll see if Stanionis is actually a good prospect or hype.

Comment

Jamal James has a secondary title (World), just like Vergil Ortiz Jr. (Gold)! They have Jamal James fighting Butaev, but Vergil Ortiz Jr. would've been way better! No organization should have 3 Champions in one division! They have 3 at HW, 3 at 200, 3 at 168, 3 at 154, 3 at 140, 3 at 135, 3 at 130, 3 at 122, 3 at 115, and 3 at 105! That don't make no damn sense, and that has nothing to do with Al Haymon!
            I think it does have smth to do with Haymon, if you take a closer look you'll see that almost all of those secondary belt holders, especially 'world' are tide with PBC and Haymon

Comment

Originally posted by Satir View Post

I think it does have smth to do with Haymon, if you take a closer look you'll see that almost all of those secondary belt holders, especially 'world' are tide with PBC and Haymon
              If you take a closer look you'll see that almost all of the "Gold" belt holders are not Haymon, and not tied to the PBC. So this is not an Al Haymon problem, this is a WBA problem!

Comment

That's what makes this one intriguing of course... Stanionis looks the part so far but this is the kinda fight that can tell us whether he belongs at the top level. We've had few touted prospects fail in their step-ups this year already, question will be whether Stanionis is another. Despite the bookies odds I got Dulorme with a very real shot at the upset here.

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
                  That's what makes this one intriguing of course... Stanionis looks the part so far but this is the kinda fight that can tell us whether he belongs at the top level. We've had few touted prospects already fail in their step-ups this year already question will be whether Stanionis is another. Despite the bookies odds I got Dulorme with a very real shot at the upset here.
                  Either James has improved quite a bit or Dulorme is slipping some because I did not expect James to win as comfortably as he did last August. Dulorme is a tough out for anyone usually so if the last performance was more James than Dulorme slipping, then I feel like he has a very good shot this fight as well. At the very least he may be able to push Stanionis and make him work for a decision.

Really dig the card, looking forward to it!

Comment

If you take a closer look you'll see that almost all of the "Gold" belt holders are not Haymon, and not tied to the PBC. So this is not an Al Haymon problem, this is a WBA problem!
                    I agree, WBA "Gold" should not be counted as a World title, wasnt supposed to be awarded for some great achivements in the sport or smth

Comment

Working...
                    X