Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Carl Frampton Releases Statement Regarding Retirement From Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Carl Frampton Releases Statement Regarding Retirement From Boxing

Carl Frampton has released a lengthy statement following his decision to retire from professional boxing over the weekend. Frampton (28-3, 16 KOs) had an incredible career, becoming a two-weight world champion after winning world titles at super-bantamweight and featherweight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Another of boxing's class acts. The win over Santa Cruz was really good at the time, and the Donaire win looks better with each year in passing, but it's a shame Quigg never amounted to anything because (again) at the time it was also a good win.

Comment

I think Frampton had a good career, those wins of Santa Cruz and Donaire were really good! Frampton was too small for 130/135 but at feather weight and bantam he was the real deal!

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        Carl Frampton has released a lengthy statement following his decision to retire from professional boxing over the weekend. Frampton (28-3, 16 KOs) had an incredible career, becoming a two-weight world champion after winning world titles at super-bantamweight and featherweight.
        [Click Here To Read More]
        I’m happy for any fighter who is able to retire on their own terms with their health intact. Good for him and I wish him well in retirement with his family.

Comment

Good luck, champ. Do some commentating. You are good at it.

Comment

Enjoy retirement champ, stay at home with that sexy Celtic woman of yours and don’t ever come back....stay retired

Comment

A good way to exit. Enjoy the next phase, sir.

Comment

Respect to Carl. Hope he finds half the success outside of boxing as he found in it cuz he'll be doing great if he does.

Bunce was talking on his show about him thinking someone will pick up Carl for commentary at some point. That seems like a good acquisition for someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  Respect to Carl. Hope he finds half the success outside of boxing as he found in it cuz he'll be doing great if he does.

Bunce was talking on his show about him thinking someone will pick up Carl for commentary at some point. That seems like a good acquisition for someone.
                  I think he'd be one of the best, young UK commentators, maybe the best IMO, after he seasons into his job for a couple of years. I remember him commentating on one of these channels: Boxnation, Sky, ESPN, more than twice, and he seemed a natural. Can't remember which network it was.

I don't know much about his personal life, but he must have other things lined up as well.

War Carl!
                  Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 04-06-2021, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Hopefully he goes into broadcasting. He does a great job

Comment

Working...
                    X