Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Povetkin's Ability To Perform Was Greatly Affected By COVID, Says Manager

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Povetkin's Ability To Perform Was Greatly Affected By COVID, Says Manager

Dmitry Ivanov, manager of former WBA heavyweight champion Alexander Povetkin, says his boxer was still suffering the effects of the coronavirus when he stepped in the ring for last month's rematch with Dillian Whyte. Back in August of 2020, Povetkin recovered from two knockdowns to score a brutal one-punch knockout in the fifth round.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Remember when Dillian Whyte pretended Povetkin made up his diagnoses to gain an advantage???

LOL
    !-1 !-1 likes this.

Comment

There isn’t much doubt of it. I favored Whyte anyway but that fight proved nothing.
      !-1 !-1 likes this.

Comment

Then why did you let him get in the ring if he wasn't fit to fight in the first place? he couldn't have been knocking out everyone at the gym leading up to the fight and all of a sudden start getting affected by covid on fight night, right? Why doesn't his camp say it like it is? he went in there for the money and probably didn't care about winning the fight. Now they're using covid as an excuse so that he can justify losing in order to get another chance at a payday. It's bad sport and it takes away from Whyte's deserved win.

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
          Then why did you let him get in the ring if he wasn't fit to fight in the first place?
          This.

Povetkin looked off walking to the fooking ring. For how bad he looked getting into the ring I thought he actually lasted longer & did better than I expected. That walk out had me thinking Whyte KO1. BUT he probably shouldn't of been in there in the first place. That said ultimately if you get in there doe it's on you after that cuz it's a boxers responsibility to come in at as close to 100% as one can. That's the fooking job & if you are off a lil too much, as I think it's clear Povetkin was, you aren't doing yourself, your opponent, the fans or the sport itself justice.
          !-1 !-1 Slowhand Slowhand like this.

Comment

Not buying it. He looked like crap in the last fight too outside of one punch. He was going to lose this fight Covid-19 or not.
            Laligalaliga Laligalaliga likes this.

Comment

Yet Fast Eddie tried to schedule the rematch for damn near a month later.. what a joke!!!

the fight should have been cancelled altogether
              !-1 !-1 likes this.

Comment

Then this pin head Whyte demands an EASY high pying fight after the rematch.. what a complete joke those clowns at Matchroom are.
                !-1 !-1 likes this.

Comment

Where was the BBBofBS? What do they do? Besides favors?
                  !-1 !-1 likes this.

Comment

I believe them, Povetkin looked like he’d aged 20 years and could barely move without being off balance.

He looked like **** at the weigh in aswell, the worst I’d ever seen him for a big fight, they should have told fast car Eddie to whistle.
                    !-1 !-1 greeneye99 greeneye99 like this.

Comment

Working...
                    X