No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fabio Wardley Very Willing To Face Nick Webb Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Fabio Wardley Very Willing To Face Nick Webb Next

Heavyweight contender Fabio Wardley is more than ready for a showdown with Nick Webb. The two boxers were both in action last month in Gibraltar, as part of the undercard to the rematch between Dillian Whyte and Alexander Povetkin.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I think he’s a fight or two past this level of opponent

Don’t get me wrong it was a very good win for Webb last time out but Wardley has just beaten and two time world title challenger, Webb isn’t even British level

Comment

This ain't a bad fight for Wardley's English title & a final eliminator for the British championship. I gotta lean towards Wardley via mid to late KO.

Comment

This a good domestic fight but neither are a top 20 level. I think both will struggle against Europe's top fighters and will not break into the top 20.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Higgs View Post
          This ain't a bad fight for Wardley's English title & a final eliminator for the British championship. I gotta lean towards Wardley via mid to late KO.
          I agree. Wardley stopped Molina but he got buzzed in the fight and he looks to need more development before he takes on the next level. I don't rate Webb high but he might be the proper type of opponent: big, powerful, relatively young and trying to win.

Comment

Makes a lot of sense. Winner v David Allen?

Comment

The thing that impresses me most about Wardley’s style at the moment is his footwork. That’s sets him completely apart from virtually any other heavyweight I can’t think of bar Usyk and perhaps Fury in terms of relative to his size. Much to learn on defence but really good upper body movement for a heavy. Shoulder roll needs refinement and work and he is missing the hands up, front on, mid range stance Floyd used so well against the likes of Moseley and Pacquiao in a very thai boxing style did too. If he cracks that he’ll be hard to beat. If he keeps up the roadwork and lots of it I reckon he’ll be properly good. Ali, Floyd, Manny, Ray Robinson, lomachenko. All about footwork. Needs to let’s his hands go more.

Comment

Allen retired, hopefully he stays that way.

Originally posted by 1Eriugenus View Post
                Makes a lot of sense. Winner v David Allen?

Comment

Not too bad.

Comment

Knowing Eddie this will probably be ppv too.

Comment

Working...
                    X