Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dereck Chisora: I'm Gonna Take Joseph Parker To The Deep End; Bring War & Pain!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Dereck Chisora: I'm Gonna Take Joseph Parker To The Deep End; Bring War & Pain!

Dereck Chisora's confidence is just as high as when he was supposed to fight Joseph Parker in October 2019. Chisora has since suffered his 10th professional loss - a 12-round, unanimous-decision defeat to Oleksandr Usyk on October 31 at Wembley Arena in London. He is 37 years old, too, but Chisora recognizes that he can rejuvenate his career by upsetting the former WBO heavyweight champion May 1 at a site to be announced.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Chisora has quite a fascinating career, in that he can have many losses, but it's not the end of his career, in terms of still having some reasonably big fights.

It's because he has a fan friendly style, win or lose,and he gave a few top guys really challenging fights, namely Whyte and Usyk. Fury beat him quite easily.
    Sayithowitisuk Bob likes this.

Comment

Wasn't it already announced that mcgirt was chisora's new trainer?

This "were bringing the war", followed by just plodding forward and around the ring isn't something new from chisora.

That a guy who falls short, and keeps on falling short in exactly the same way, keeps on getting big fights just shows how poor the heavyweights are.

Comment

This is PPV. Proof the brainwashed mis-matchroom morons will buy anything.

Comment

Never have I known of a borderline journeyman being put on PPV so many times and people lap it up.
          Ray* Ray* !-1 !-1 like this.

Comment

Fan friendly style and the build up leading to the fight is why he keeps getting bigger fights. Ya never know what he will say or do next.

Comment

There are at least 5, but I could possibly go up to 10, boxers that I'd rather see fighting Parker rather than Chisora.

Comment

That's if you don't gas out first big boy ..

Comment

I don't mind the idea of a limited but rough/tough opponent not being written off because of multiple losses -- such fighters are useful as proving grounds for those a cut above. He will be a test for Parker and if/how Parker wins will determine whether Parker still deserves a place near the top table. Where there is a problem is if it is PPV, because clearly that would be a piss take. Is it actually confirmed as PPV?

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
                    Wasn't it already announced that mcgirt was chisora's new trainer?

This "were bringing the war", followed by just plodding forward and around the ring isn't something new from chisora.

That a guy who falls short, and keeps on falling short in exactly the same way, keeps on getting big fights just shows how poor the heavyweights are.
                    Yep that shtick is now dead. He would come forward takes shots, give one back and then lose a decision or get stopped, 2 months later he would be in talks for another “big PPV” fight.

Simon Jordan called him out about this on Talksports, like he doesn’t want to see him against Whyte or in another big fight, it’s like just participating is good enough for this guy, and to top it off they put this fight on PPV, against Parker another boxer who is passive aggressive when he is meant to be aggressive aggressive....

Comment

Working...
                    X