Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frampton: I Said Before The Fight I'd Retire If I Lost, That's Exactly What I'm Going To Do

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frampton: I Said Before The Fight I'd Retire If I Lost, That's Exactly What I'm Going To Do

It's not the ending he wanted but it is the exit that was promised by Carl Frampton in absence of becoming a three-division champ. The 34-year-old fighting pride of Belfast, Northern Ireland stayed true to a pre-fight promise that he would call it a career in the event he fell short in his latest title. Such was the precise outcome, as Frampton was floored twice en route to a 6th round stoppage loss at the hands of WBO junior lightweight titlist Jamel Herring. Their ESPN+-aired bout took place Saturday evening at Caesars Palace Bluewaters in Dubai, which has apparently housed his final ring appearance.
    [Click Here To Read More]

A good fighter who had a good career. Good luck to him.

Comment

Good on him. Thanks for everything you gave in the ring, champ.

Comment

Very good career. Genuine world class fighter in his peak.

Probably doesn’t really belong at super featherweight anyway, he’s tiny, but regardless of that, tonight showed he just hasn’t really got it at the top level anymore and probably hasn’t for a couple of years at least.

Seems a really good man too, seems very well liked. Always classy in defeat with no excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          It's not the ending he wanted but it is the exit that was promised by Carl Frampton in absence of becoming a three-division champ. The 34-year-old fighting pride of Belfast, Northern Ireland stayed true to a pre-fight promise that he would call it a career in the event he fell short in his latest title. Such was the precise outcome, as Frampton was floored twice en route to a 6th round stoppage loss at the hands of WBO junior lightweight titlist Jamel Herring. Their ESPN+-aired bout took place Saturday evening at Caesars Palace Bluewaters in Dubai, which has apparently housed his final ring appearance.
          [Click Here To Read More]
          Much respect to Carl Frampton for keeping it classy in defeat and I wish him a happy retirement. Well done champ

Comment

He had a very nice career. His best win is Donaire. Good luck champ.

Comment

Carl drew some blood, about a pint. A little cabernet on the way out.

Comment

Good fortunes ahead, Champ. I heard you commentating on Sky or BT sports, you would make a great boxing commentator in the UK.

Comment

Considering Frampton has T-Rex arms, he's had an excellent career.

Wouldn't mind seeing him on a mic, he'd do a better job than Bellew or Nelson.

Comment

That uppercut knockdown was pretty nasty. Felt like it was in slow motion.

Hes had a great career though.

Comment

Working...
                    X