Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donnie Nietes Ends Lengthy Layoff, Outpoints Pablo Carrillo Over Ten Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Donnie Nietes Ends Lengthy Layoff, Outpoints Pablo Carrillo Over Ten Rounds

Donnie Nietes took the first step in making his way back into the junior bantamweight mix. The former four-division titlist ended a lengthy layoff with a 10-round unanimous decision win over Colombia's Pablo Carrillo. Scores were 99-91, 98-92 and a surprisingly close 96-95 in favor of Philippines' Nietes in their ESPN+ televised chief support Saturday at Caesars Palace Bluewaters in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
    [Click Here To Read More]

First time I've seen the Nietes guy. He is a beautiful master boxer. The guy wasn't blessed with blistering speed nor the strongest punch. Just boxing skill honed like 1 thousand year old samurai sword.

Comment

Nietes vs Ioka rematch would be nice...
      Estrada and gonzalez will maybe have a trilogy
      Rungvisai against Ancajas

Nietes Ioka was close.. had Nietes winning but it's close enough to have a rematch.

Comment

great job donie nietes! what a great boxing you show tonight

Comment

Top guys are hesitant to face Nietes because they know he's a master boxer... won't bring the most money. They know he's a threat.

Comment

Originally posted by Strategic1 View Post
            Top guys are hesitant to face Nietes because they know he's a master boxer... won't bring the most money. They know he's a threat.
            I'm sure Ioka would love to face him again. I know I'd love to watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

I'm sure Ioka would love to face him again. I know I'd love to watch it.
              Yes for sure... Ioka would definitely be up for it....their styles makes it very interesting/technical fight.. 1st fight was close..arguments can be made for each side winning.

Comment

Donnie Nietes the most avoided fighter in the bantamweight, Estrada, Chocolalito, Rungvisai are afraid to fight him.

Comment

Nietes fight quite boring and lack initiative in this fight. This performance wont win against Estrada, Chocalito and Rungvisai...

Comment

Nietes looked just okay; he’s fighting out of his optimal weight class chasing opportunities, hasn’t looked special since he moved up.

Comment

Working...
                    X