Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stevenson Picks Herring Over Frampton; Expects Herring To Vacate, Move Up To 135

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Stevenson Picks Herring Over Frampton; Expects Herring To Vacate, Move Up To 135

Shakur Stevenson expects to fight for the WBO junior lightweight title in his next bout. The former WBO featherweight champion just doesn't anticipate getting that opportunity against either of the boxers who will fight that WBO belt Saturday night in Dubai. Stevenson predicted that Jamel Herring will retain his title by beating Carl Frampton in their 12-round, 130-pound championship match, but he thinks Herring will vacate that crown rather than make a mandated defense against him in his subsequent bout.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This story should state, Stevenson is praying for Herring to win and vacate so he has an easy road to the title. And by no means I'm I saying that either Herring or Frompton would beat Stevenson, (they would give him a run for his money though) all I'm saying is that it would be an easier time for Stevenson fighting someone down the WBO rankings for the title if Herring vacates, than having to travel to Ireland and fighting Frompton if Frompton wins, or having to fight Herring himself if he wins. And what happened to Stevenson wanting to fight Valdez, Oscar called him out, I guess Uncle Bob and Stevenson don't want that smoke, I'm shocked I tell you...
    Last edited by Greenfield02; 04-03-2021, 10:51 AM.

Comment

With how long its taken for Herring-Frampton to actually fight and all the delays and bs. I hope Herring does vacate and move up. Shakur can fight for the title then unify in September and maybe fight again in December. I like fighters that actually want to fight and go 3 times a year vs these guys only fighting once

Comment

Working...
      X