Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Madrimov vs. Kalombo - A Hidden Gem of a Potentially Explosive Matchup

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Madrimov vs. Kalombo - A Hidden Gem of a Potentially Explosive Matchup

Buried within the undercards of this weekend's fights looms a highly intriguing, and in all probability, Hagler-Hearns type war between two undefeated knockout artists waged in the unlikely and obscure location of Tashkent, Uzbekistan. Israil Madrimov (6-0, 5 KOs) returns to do battle in his native land for the first time against Emmany Kalombo (14-0, 14 KOs) of the Democratic Republic of Congo. The high stakes junior middleweight showdown, streamed live on DAZN on Saturday, April 3, is on the undercard of Murodjanon Akhmadaliev (8-0, 6 KOs) vs. Ryusuke Iwasa for Akhmadaliev's two alphabet titles.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Yep. This is a very intriguing match and is flying totally under the radar.

Comment

Comment

Kalombo is extremely dangerous. His short coming, he is a slow starter. That's where Madrimov must capitalise. Otherwise it's a 50-50 fight. Can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by James Hunt View Post
          You are not wrong. I'm very excited for this fight, and I found out it was happening three days ago. And I'm a massive boxing fan who watches pretty much everything.

Comment

Could be a good fight especially if Kalombo can get out the early rounds.
            He looks a little more refined than most African fighters.

A lot of Africans seem to do well vs these decorated Soviet fighters. (Gods power vs Kudryashov, Indongo vs Troyanovsky a few fairly recent ones off memory).

Comment

Originally posted by James Hunt View Post
              Originally posted by Nash out View Post

You are not wrong. I'm very excited for this fight, and I found out it was happening three days ago. And I'm a massive boxing fan who watches pretty much everything.
              I got this down as a really fun fight which is part of why I put it in this weeks Pick Em (along with a cobbled together bio of Emmany)... just wondering though, you both sound like the kind of dudes who triy to catch everything (I used to but I ain't got quite as much time these days) you might find you enjoy the Pick Em prediction league... give it a look over, we put up two or three fights most weeks. If you're interested it's free to enter and no commitment... just a bit of fun more than anything. There is a yearly prize fund but starting this late you'd be extremely unlikely to figure in but it's still got for a laugh and bragging rights.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/b...3rd-april-2021

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                Could be a good fight especially if Kalombo can get out the early rounds.
                He looks a little more refined than most African fighters.

A lot of Africans seem to do well vs these decorated Soviet fighters. (Gods power vs Kudryashov, Indongo vs Troyanovsky a few fairly recent ones off memory).
                Funny I got a theory about that exact thing (Manyuchi vs Mikhailyenko was another example btw) that a lot of these Soviet school dudes are very thoroughly drilled in terms of orthodox technique but ain't great thinkers or innovators in the ring. Conversely a lot of the African dudes tend to be anything but orthodox, it's often kinda self taught or styles taken from an individual trainer who's shaped em most of their careers so they just do things differently. For high ring IQ adaptable boxers who can take advantage of sloppy technique this leaves all kinds of openings but for fighters who have have learned by rote drilling like many of the EE fighters they just don't know how to adapt to someone using the kinda unusal technique employed by some of the African fighters. Just my theory anyway.

In this case I think that Madrimov will do OK though, not only has he got real ammy pedigree (unlike dudes like Troya or Kudryashov) he's kinda an extemporiser himself in the ring which speaks of a decent ring IQ and his own style is far from the orthodox 'by the numbers' Ex Sov anyway. Real interesting matchup though. I'm favouring Israil but it's definitely one of those where the upset is a decent possibility... and it ain't like Emmany doesn't know what its like to mix with quality fighters cos he's acquainted and sparred with some of Africa's best - dudes with World level experience like Makabu and Chilemba as well as guys like Bakole and Mbenge

Comment

Working...
                X