Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Benavidez Has No Problem Waiting For Canelo Fight, Says Trainer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: David Benavidez Has No Problem Waiting For Canelo Fight, Says Trainer

Jose Benavidez, father and trainer of two-time former super middleweight world champion, undefeated Mexican-American David Benavidez, explains that there is no issue with waiting for a crack at Mexican superstar Saul "Canelo" Alvarez, who holds the WBC, WBA world titles at 168-pounds.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Since Jermall Charlo ducked Benavidez' call out there's not much choice but to wait for Canelo.

Hopefully he can get some good opponents in the meantime.
    Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 04-01-2021, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Future superfight no doubt

Comment

A lot of credit to Benavidez, he's the one guy, besides Andrade, that is not sitting around avoiding others and waiting for a big money Canelo fight. He's calling out the other top guys, but they don't want to fight him.
        Get em up Get em up likes this.

Comment

Jermall Charlo...MAN UP! There's money to be made here! Fuk GGG, Benavidez is what's happening right now!
          Get em up Get em up likes this.

Comment

Ya gotta like Benavidez he is a young fighter willing to pay his dues and admit his faults. He will be on top of the world before his career ends I believe

Comment

Who could blame him, a fight with the ginger bread man is worth 10 or more of his regular fights

Comment

Benavidez has been one of my favorite fighters to follow since I first saw him. Great hand speed and timing. Gotta love a tall, rangy fighter with a jab that can also fight on the inside. Easily the most dangerous fight for Canelo at SMW.

Comment

The only way Canelo looks his way anytime soon is if he looks completely horrible in one of his upcoming fights and if it becomes clear that his struggles making 168 are more due to his body size than lack of discipline. If that happens, Canelo will drop a nice little rehydration clause in there. Otherwise, this fight isn’t happening anytime soon. Canelo will go to Saunders, plant, a couple of light Yidilgrim type mandatories and maybe a 40 year old ggg who by that time may be at the age that Canelo can get that elusive real win against him.

Comment

If he wants to forge his own path he should fight Bivol. I hate the current climate where boxers just revolve Canelo.
                    #1PaperChamp #1PaperChamp likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X