Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Whyte: No Reason I Should Wait Anymore; Molina, Breazeale Got 2 Title Shots

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Whyte: No Reason I Should Wait Anymore; Molina, Breazeale Got 2 Title Shots

Dillian Whyte knows he'll still have to wait quite some time before he finally gets a shot at the WBC heavyweight title that he feels he earned long ago. Whyte expressed frustration following his knockout of Alexander Povetkin in their rematch Saturday night regarding how he believes he has been mistreated by the WBC. London's Whyte questioned why two men he considers inferior fighters - Eric Molina and Dominic Breazeale - have received two heavyweight title shots apiece before he has been afforded his first crack at one.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    siablo14 siablo14 likes this.

Don’t forget Luis Ortiz. He also had two shots. Maybe Whyte should fight him to see how he compares to Wilder.

I think it’s a good fight for Dillian, especially because Ortiz will have been eligible for covid jab for a while now

Comment

Molina and Breazeale fought the eliminators you ran from.

They also didn't get decapitated by a senior citizen when they finally were #1 contender.

They also didn't TURN DOWN A SHOT AT THREE BELTS

Comment

I doubt he'll ever be WBC mando again.

Comment

Easy fight next doe?

No problem with him facing the Usyk/Joyce winner. But he likely plays it safe waiting for his shot at the AJ/Fury winner and then becomes upgraded email champ when one of them is made franchise champion instead.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

They also didn't get decapitated by a senior citizen when they finally were #1 contender.

Basically this in a nutshell. He didn't capitalized in the opportunities.
            !-1 !-1 likes this.

Comment

That’s because they were signed with pbc

Wbc are bent as fook

Comment

Whyte wlll get his shot. The WBC will be vacated in the next 12-18 months. It'll be Whyte v Wilder for the scraps.... I mean strap.

Comment

Wrong , Whyte was already scheduled in an elimination bout for the silver belt against Helenius, they all fought in 2017 no one ran away from any elimination bout ,Whyte won his against Rivas to face Wilder in 2019 .
                  Last edited by REDEEMER; 03-29-2021, 10:14 PM.
                  siablo14 siablo14 likes this.

Comment

This.

In truth, as much as I can't stand Whyte he's put himself in a great position. He was headlining fights with a crowd in Gibraltar of all places. He's been great at marketing himself to a certain crowd. I honestly don't think he even cares much about having a title. As long as he gets to talk ****, convince the idiot public that he's "hard done by" and call people he has no intention of fighting, he'll happily collect paychecks from Eddie. Don't be shocked that his PPV on saturday does 200-300k buys. Thats a tidy sum.

I also have to admit, as much as I talk **** about Hearn, he's done good for Whyte. He's got him out of a lot of tricky situations and likely pays him well. In the 80s/90s, Whyte would have been one of the boxers you see on 20for20 complaining about how some scumbag promoter stole his money or promised him fights that never materialised.

The issue with guys in PBC and under Haymon is that it seems that Haymon will look out for his boxers at the expense of the public. Barely any fights have even taken place under the PBC banner in the last year, I think the gate revenue plays a big part in how Haymon renumerates his fighters so well. With Eddie I don't think thats the case, but the fighters enjoy good exposure thanks to his control of Matchroom, DAZN and his deal with Sky Sports. There are boxers far, FAR more talented than Whyte in the UK alone who don't receive half the coverage he does. Despite going 1-1 with a 42 year old shot Povetkin, his victory speech still made top 3 on the trending videos on Youtube.

Comment

Working...
                    X