Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dillian Whyte Gets Revenge Over A Faded Alexander Povetkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Dillian Whyte Gets Revenge Over A Faded Alexander Povetkin

By Corey Erdman - Dillian Whyte and Alexander Povetkin were scheduled to fight one another for the second time on Saturday night, but judging by their ring walks, you would have thought they were walking into totally different events. When Whyte came through the LED entranceway, resplendent in a well-tailored ring coat with spiked shoulder pads, commentator Tony
    [Click Here To Read More]

It was clear from the weigh-in that Povetkin was not ready. As soon as I saw the pictures of his weakened muscle, I immediately bet on Whyte ending the fight within four rounds.

Comment

Povetkin looked like he just finished a tough workout when he was coming into the ring. Like the warm-up in the dressing room just drained him. He may be finished. His next fight should be a lower level fighter to see if he has anything left in the tank. I think Whyte could see he was not right at the start of the fight and just wanted to lend a hand to show his respect. If anyone knows Povetkin was not 100% it would be Whyte. He went into Povetkin's dressing room later to talk to him just before DAZN closed the show.
      FlyingFJ FlyingFJ likes this.

Comment

When Hearn talks about 'stadium' fights for Whyte and Whyte talks about getting him an 'Easier' fight where he can earn some money , you'd have to be a complete fool not to know where this is heading .Hearns next PPv is one with a fighter topping the bill with ten losses......!!!!!! You must understand with all his 'sweet Caroline' and shows in the back garden and on 'the Rock' Hearn has put in some good imagination , it's just a pity that doesn't go in to his PPv matchmaking which is stopping the best fights happening Whyte v Povetkin 2 was about Whyte making it 1-1 against an old faded Povetkin , Chisora v Parker is about a guy with ten losses fighting a guy who's proved he can't be there with the real top guys.....these should not be PPv's!

Comment

'faded' is a massive understatement. he was completely shot to bits.
          Last edited by mlac; 03-29-2021, 02:56 AM.

Comment

wow didn't know Povetkin was hospitalized TWICE for COVID between the matches...

Comment

As soon i saw the weigh-in i changed my prediction to a Whyte KO.

Povetkin went from Russian Terminator to Russian Lettice in 6 months flat.

Comment

Matchroom and Sky should have gives Povektin all the time he needed to recover this is how boxers die in the ring I bet they rushed him and still not convinced white is championship material

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
                  When Hearn talks about 'stadium' fights for Whyte and Whyte talks about getting him an 'Easier' fight where he can earn some money , you'd have to be a complete fool not to know where this is heading .Hearns next PPv is one with a fighter topping the bill with ten losses......!!!!!! You must understand with all his 'sweet Caroline' and shows in the back garden and on 'the Rock' Hearn has put in some good imagination , it's just a pity that doesn't go in to his PPv matchmaking which is stopping the best fights happening Whyte v Povetkin 2 was about Whyte making it 1-1 against an old faded Povetkin , Chisora v Parker is about a guy with ten losses fighting a guy who's proved he can't be there with the real top guys.....these should not be PPv's!
                  The good people
                  of Blighty shouldn’t line matchroom pockets....let Edward earn his dosh with good old fashioned hard work rather than rubbish like this

Comment

I haven’t had time to watch it yet but I had no idea Povetkin had to be readmitted to the hospital after he started training. This fight should never have happened if he was twice hospitalized for Covid. Whyte should have fought someone else for the interim title. I’m sure Povetkin didn’t want to give up the payday. I hope he has no issues moving forward.

Comment

Working...
                    X