Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Fabio Wardley Rocked, Then Blasts Out Eric Molina

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Fabio Wardley Rocked, Then Blasts Out Eric Molina

Fabio Wardley, Eric Molina Fight Photos Gallery - Gibraltar - Heavyweight prospect Fabio Wardley (11-0, 10 KOs) got a serious test, but knocked out world title challenger Eric Molina (27-7, 19 KOs) in the fifth round.
    [Click Here To Read More]

So Wardley is something like Hrgovic now. they have the same best win.

Comment

Idk what to think of Wardley. I don’t think he can compete with any of the top 10 heavyweights. I imagine he’s going to compete for that bridgerweight title. I don’t even think he could beat Breidis or Okolie.

Comment

Too small, go down to cruiserweight.

Comment

Was not impressed with Wardley last night, he has some flaws he needs ironing out.

Comment

I guess I am in the minority here. I am very impressed with Wardly. He has proclivities that usually take a lot of time to develop. He has excellent movement skills, He understands using his chin, head movement and angles to deflect punches, had a decent jab that could eventually be great, and he does not flinch, panick when attacked. His foot speed is superb, he even knows how to cut the ring off, and apparently has good power.

I don't know about his chin, but he handled the shot from Molina relatively well, albeit it was obvious he was not used to getting tagged like that lol. You could see him take a pregnant pause to make sure his legs were still under him lol.

I like that he is working with Whyte because Whyte never was exposed to the amatuer style which IMO appears to make many new heavyweights, slow footed, robotic, forget head movement, and not work on subtle skills of the craft neglected by that system of training.

Will he become the next Joe Louis? (kidding) When a kid starts out, and shows great potential, it means that instead of a 100% chance of not making it, they are at about 75% (the numbers are just my own estimation). Next we have to see how this kid learns... he seems eager to do so, a good sign... And what does he do when he is rocked? How much does he really like getting punched in the face? How much can he keep his own train on the tracks? Will some women destroy him? (he is a nice looking guy) will he get arrested for being in a hotel room.... oh that was Ibuechi... Point is, time will tell us a lot. He is young enough and talented enough that I will be keeping my eye on him.

Just to let people how talented I am on these picks? I thought Juan Ma was going to be one of the greats...

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
              I guess I am in the minority here. I am very impressed with Wardly. He has proclivities that usually take a lot of time to develop. He has excellent movement skills, He understands using his chin, head movement and angles to deflect punches, had a decent jab that could eventually be great, and he does not flinch, panick when attacked. His foot speed is superb, he even knows how to cut the ring off, and apparently has good power.

I don't know about his chin, but he handled the shot from Molina relatively well, albeit it was obvious he was not used to getting tagged like that lol. You could see him take a pregnant pause to make sure his legs were still under him lol.

I like that he is working with Whyte because Whyte never was exposed to the amatuer style which IMO appears to make many new heavyweights, slow footed, robotic, forget head movement, and not work on subtle skills of the craft neglected by that system of training.

Will he become the next Joe Louis? (kidding) When a kid starts out, and shows great potential, it means that instead of a 100% chance of not making it, they are at about 75% (the numbers are just my own estimation). Next we have to see how this kid learns... he seems eager to do so, a good sign... And what does he do when he is rocked? How much does he really like getting punched in the face? How much can he keep his own train on the tracks? Will some women destroy him? (he is a nice looking guy) will he get arrested for being in a hotel room.... oh that was Ibuechi... Point is, time will tell us a lot. He is young enough and talented enough that I will be keeping my eye on him.

Just to let people how talented I am on these picks? I thought Juan Ma was going to be one of the greats...
              I agree with this, people forget how inexperienced he is! Good example to look at is Pifer from the same card! Immense amateur pedigree, wins over Yoka, 2x bronze at the worlds, gets sparked by Webb!

Give this fella some time and he could be very good! I think they are pushing him too quick!
              billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                Too small, go down to cruiserweight.
                I don`t know what are you talking about. he is pretty big for a heavyweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bain01D View Post

I agree with this, people forget how inexperienced he is! Good example to look at is Pifer from the same card! Immense amateur pedigree, wins over Yoka, 2x bronze at the worlds, gets sparked by Webb!

Give this fella some time and he could be very good! I think they are pushing him too quick!
                  Its a real exact science figuring out how hard to push lol. Hopefully he fights a lot at a level that he can develop from, and does not fall apart if he takes a loss. One of the most destructive tendencies in modern boxing is to emphasize zero losses. The absolute best fighters in history lost once in a while IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post

I don`t know what are you talking about. he is pretty big for a heavyweight.
                    Yeah he looked like he was a big kid. I can never understand weights when they announce "stones" lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X