Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lennox Clarke Blasts Out Willy Hutchinson in Fifth Round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lennox Clarke Blasts Out Willy Hutchinson in Fifth Round

Lennox Clarke became British and Commonwealth super middleweight champion with a stunning fifth-round stoppage of highly-touted Scottish prospect Willy Hutchinson at the Copper Box in London.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 03-27-2021, 08:36 PM.

Comment

I’ve watched Hutchinson alot since his debut and I’ve never been sold on him as a future star of the sport. I’ve heard Warren say many times he’s a future world champion, but I can’t see it. This fight was way too early for him, he’s only been fighting guys with padded records who are only there to lose. Before this fight Hutchinson needed 2/3 fights against the likes of Jahmaine Smyle, in order to go 10 rounds against a fighter who is fit, strong and coming to win.

Comment

This was one of the more satisfying examples of hype meeting reality. Hutchinson was pretty obnoxious before this fight and overly confident for a guy who hadn't really fought anyone. He called Clarke a bin man. Well, that bin man took out the trash with a highlight reel stoppage. As someone said above, Hutchinson needed more experience against guys that were actually trying to win before taking a fight like this. I still feel like Hutchinson could go far, but he's got a lot to learn and he's not gonna learn it by going backwards and fighting tin cans again.

Comment

Working...
        X