Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Whyte On Povetkin Rematch: I'm Used To Coming Back & Proving People Wrong

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Whyte On Povetkin Rematch: I'm Used To Coming Back & Proving People Wrong

Dillian Whyte never let his violent knockout loss to Alexander Povetkin demoralize him. Whyte wanted their rematch to take place as soon as possible. It'll finally happen Saturday night after multiple postponements, but Whyte didn't spend the past seven months dwelling on the stunning defeat that cost him his spot as the WBC's mandatory challenger and that sanctioning organization's interim title.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Always improving...

And yet that last fight.

Comment

Just got though watching Whyte-Povetkin 1 for the 1st time. I was surprised how well Povetkin did. Thought he won the 1st 2 rounds. 3rd about even. Povetkin got up both times from the 4th round knockdowns and to Whyte's credit. It's interesting that Whyte was in full view, no grabbing, no tricks. Just bam came Povetkin's uppercut in the 5th. Almost all knockouts are lucky punches. Maybe this was one too. But... Whyte didn't get up from Povetkin's punch. So today, this will be very interesting...oh yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by macmike100 View Post
        Just got though watching Whyte-Povetkin 1 for the 1st time. I was surprised how well Povetkin did. Thought he won the 1st 2 rounds. 3rd about even. Povetkin got up both times from the 4th round knockdowns and to Whyte's credit. It's interesting that Whyte was in full view, no grabbing, no tricks. Just bam came Povetkin's uppercut in the 5th. Almost all knockouts are lucky punches. Maybe this was one too. But... Whyte didn't get up from Povetkin's punch. So today, this will be very interesting...oh yeah!
        Povetkin uppercut wasn’t a lucky shot he was careful setting it up , many Povetkin fights he loops in shots like that ,if he lands right or unexpected where someone is caught day dreaming they go to sleep . That’s a big if happening again here though , I think Whyte by 8 rnd knockout sounds about right .

Comment

Just like when you came back and beat Joshua in the rematch? Oh wait, you turned that one down...okay, just like when you proved you were better than Parker by beating him without an illegal headbutt? No, you refused that rematch.

so a third Del Boy fight is it?
          !-1 !-1 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by macmike100 View Post
            If you just watched the fight, you’d notice that Pov had been setting that trap from the start of the fight. When he threw that uppercut, he feinted as it was another of those hellish body shots he was hitting Whyte with, Whyte brought his arm down leaving his jaw wide open, and Pov adjusted at the last moment. No luck involved.

and most knockouts in high level boxing are NOT luck. They’re always intentional. Not sure where you heard that.

Comment

Working...
            X