Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan Francisco Estrada Named WBC "Franchise" Champ, Four-Man "SuperFly" Tournament Called

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Juan Francisco Estrada Named WBC "Franchise" Champ, Four-Man "SuperFly" Tournament Called

The road has been cleared for a potential rubber match between Juan Francisco Estrada and Roman 'Chocolatito' Gonzalez, should they so choose to immediately pursue such a fight. A ruling handed down by the World Boxing Council (WBC) declared Estrada as its "Franchise" champion in the 115-pound division, thus freeing him from a mandatory title defense. The lineal and previously unified WBC/WBA champion from Hermosillo, Mexico requested the designation, which was unanimously approved by the WBC Board of Governors on Friday.
    [Click Here To Read More]

And Sor Rungvisai vs Cuadras II will be for the real WBC title.

Comment

Estrada vs Choco III up next.

Good fights but they gotta knock it off with this bull****.

Comment

This franchise crap needs to stop

Comment

I like the match ups. Sor Rungvisai vs. Cuadras II will be fun, nice to see Cuadras still in the mix after his effort against Estrada last time.

And Chocolatito deserves another shot at Estrada after their last fight. They could have went with Estrada vs. Rungvisai III and Chocolatito vs. Cuadras II (first fight was close) instead. I might like that a little more.

Can't go wrong either way IMO with these matchups.

But at the end of day, Franchise belt is gay doe. I'm just gonna pretend that it doesn't exist.
          Last edited by Willy Wanker; 03-26-2021, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Oooohhh, I'm kinda down tbh. Normally I don't like this kinda ****, but I need Estrada/Choco 3 and SSR getting a rematch with Cuadras for the belt is good stuff. Hopefully these fights are on the same card, that would be badass. Winners and losers can meet afterwards

Comment

Now after his mandatory, Ancajas needs to get in there with either Nietes or Ioka

Comment

Although I think the franchise champion is stupid, and was a way for people like Canelo and Lomachenko to trick the casual fans into thinking they weren't ducking their mandatories Haney and Charlo, I don't mind this that much.

Because at the end of the day, Estrada, Choco, Cuadras, and SRR are all warriors, true testiments to the sport of boxing. Let's have a 4 person tournament and let the winners square off. I know they will since none of those guys duck anyone.

Comment

Franchise champ is not a real title. Some made up nonsense in the political realm in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                    Estrada vs Choco III up next.

Good fights but they gotta knock it off with this bull****.
                    Yeah, I'm conflicted here.

We are getting two damn good fights in Cuadras vs Sor Rungvisai II and Estrada vs Gonzalez III.

But the WBC is pulling their corrupt Franchise Champion bullsh*t in order to get it done.

Comment

Working...
                    X