No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Michael McKinson Confident of Taking Down Chris Kongo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Michael McKinson Confident of Taking Down Chris Kongo

Michael McKinson says he is ready to announce himself as the best Welterweight in the country when he takes on Chris Kongo for the WBO Global Welterweight Title at the Europa Point Sports Complex in Gibraltar on Saturday March 27, live on Sky Sports Box Office in the UK and on DAZN in all other markets excluding the UK and Ireland.
    [Click Here To Read More]

"WTF" WBO International / Global / European mean absolutely Jack $H1T. These baubles are an insult to both boxers & fans & need to be abolished!!........

Comment

I agree that there’s way too many ranking titles, but I’m not totally against there being a single ‘international’ title for the IBF, WBA, WBC & WBO. International titles would be a good idea, but only if they were contested between two genuine up and coming prospects, who have ambitions of breaking into the top 10 of their division. The problem with current international/inter-continental titles is that promoters have their prospects fight for the vacant title against a fighter who might have a good record on paper, but in reality is a club level fighter at best.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual Riot View Post
        I agree that there’s way too many ranking titles, but I’m not totally against there being a single ‘international’ title for the IBF, WBA, WBC & WBO. International titles would be a good idea, but only if they were contested between two genuine up and coming prospects, who have ambitions of breaking into the top 10 of their division. The problem with current international/inter-continental titles is that promoters have their prospects fight for the vacant title against a fighter who might have a good record on paper, but in reality is a club level fighter at best.
        From a British point of view I'm quite happy with Area, National IE: English/Celtic, British, Commonwealth & European. Continental title's are all well & good as long as they are Continental title's IE: African (ABU), Asian, Australasian, North & South American. Europe is catered for by the EBU.

Comment

I get tiered of trying to unscramble the Titles I just catch the fights and if a fighter is good I will follow the match ups. But titles ah might be good for the atheletes and the promoters but it dont show nothing as far a fight value. I still have to look to the ring for that. That goes for all titles in any part of the world, sorta like rankings use your own judgement.

Comment

Best fight of the weekend...

Comment

Originally posted by Casual Riot View Post
              That’s a fair point. I’m of a similar opinion to Mick and hate the ranking titles too but if each ABC body just had one it wouldn’t be that bad. It’s the fact they have countless amounts that makes their rankings so diluted. Guys can be top 10 without beating a guy who is even top 100. I think Conor Benn won a ranking title vs Cedric Peynaud for example.

Comment

Yeah agreed - it’s ridiculous that a fighter backed by a big promoter can enter the rankings of a governing body by beating someone who wouldn’t even make a suitable sparring partner. Both Hearn and Warren have been guilty of this many times.

Comment

Working...
                X