Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz: First Time I Dropped Hooker, He Was Already Demoralized

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz: First Time I Dropped Hooker, He Was Already Demoralized

Vergil Ortiz Jr. never had any doubt that his local rivalry showdown with Maurice Hooker would end inside the distance. There was the admission, however, that he initially went about it the wrong way. Ortiz eventually stopped Dallas' Hooker (27-2-3, 18KOs) in the 7th round of their entertaining March 20th shootout at Dickies Arena in Fort Worth, Texas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

“The second time, yes he got injured and they wouldn’t let him back up but I felt like I was going to finish him.”

He broke his hand/wrist landing a punch or your head, you didn't stop him. Maybe you would have? Get back in the lab! You got hit way too much!!!

Comment

Ortiz did well although he wasn't fighting a bona fide welterweight, and he got hit quite a bit in one round. I don't know how he does against Ennis but that's an excellent fight, which should give the winner a fight against Spence or Crawford.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        “The second time, yes he got injured and they wouldn’t let him back up but I felt like I was going to finish him.”

He broke his hand/wrist landing a punch or your head, you didn't stop him. Maybe you would have? Get back in the lab! You got hit way too much!!!
        Stop lying to yourself Vergil did stop Hooker. No matter what way you spin it Hooker goes down as Ortiz 17 KO victim in as many fights in the record books. This isn’t Boots Ennis who didn’t even KO that bum on his last fight but got a no decision for head butting.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastlos View Post

Stop lying to yourself Vergil did stop Hooker. No matter what way you spin it Hooker goes down as Ortiz 17 KO victim in as many fights in the record books. This isn’t Boots Ennis who didn’t even KO that bum on his last fight but got a no decision for head butting.
          Correction. Hooker straight up quit because he couldn't take the ass beating he was getting. Plain and simple. Hooker didn't even land that final right hand. It was Vergil who rocked him with the right hand in that exchange. Hooker simply had enough.
          Last edited by NachoMan; 03-24-2021, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Yes, in the record books, just like Korobov lost to Chris Eubank Jr. by TKO...in the record books! Oh, and that "bum" you're talking about, go look at his body of work @ 147, then go look at Hooker's record @ 147! You're too sensitive! We all agree that Vergil is a bad boy, but he didn't perform as well as expected! Just look at his face post-fight!

Comment

Yes, in the record books, just like Korobov lost to Chris Eubank Jr. by TKO...in the record books! Oh, and that "bum" you're talking about, go look at his body of work @ 147, then go look at Hooker's record @ 147! You're too sensitive! We all agree that Vergil is a bad boy, but he didn't perform as well as expected! Just look at his face post-fight!
              Who da fudge cares about Korobov or Eubanks your grasping at straws now, it’s pathetic. Also, Van Herdeen ain’t got nothing but euro bums on his record so stop hyping this Uber driver up. Anyhow, as Mannix said after the fight “that was the toughest test in Vergil’s career and he ace it” so stop hating and enjoy this young lion cause this is just the beginning of the takeover I guarantee it.

Comment

Who da fudge cares about Korobov or Eubanks your grasping at straws now, it’s pathetic. Also, Van Herdeen ain’t got nothing but euro bums on his record so stop hyping this Uber driver up. Anyhow, as Mannix said after the fight “that was the toughest test in Vergil’s career and he ace it” so stop hating and enjoy this young lion cause this is just the beginning of the takeover I guarantee it.
                If you know about boxing, you would know that Korobov could not continue because he was injured, but not by Eubank! It appears in the record book as "TKO," but that's misleading!

Maurice Hooker facing layoff with broken hand, could face Alexis Rocha in return

Maurice Hooker took some serious damage in last Saturday’s war with Vergil Ortiz Jr., and it looks like he’ll be feeling the effects for a while. Trainer Brian McIntyre tells Dan Rafael that “Mighty Mo” did, in fact, suffer a broken hand in the seventh round that will result in “at least 4 weeks” in a cast and “[n]o hitting for 2 months.”

Honestly, I support him flipping everyone off.

Hooker (27-2-3, 18 KO) gave a damn good account of himself against one of the scariest prospects in the sport, getting up from some nasty body shots before the aforementioned hand injury sent him to a knee for the full count.

https://www.badlefthook.com/2021/3/2...rn-boxing-news

You need to calm yourself down! Just because I DO NOT THNK HE'S READY FOR CRAWFORD, does not mean I don't think the kid is good! Hererra, Orozco, and Hooker, is not good preparation for P4P # 2, Terence Crawford!

Comment

If you know about boxing, you would know that Korobov could not continue because he was injured, but not by Eubank! It appears in the record book as "TKO," but that's misleading!

Maurice Hooker facing layoff with broken hand, could face Alexis Rocha in return

Maurice Hooker took some serious damage in last Saturday’s war with Vergil Ortiz Jr., and it looks like he’ll be feeling the effects for a while. Trainer Brian McIntyre tells Dan Rafael that “Mighty Mo” did, in fact, suffer a broken hand in the seventh round that will result in “at least 4 weeks” in a cast and “[n]o hitting for 2 months.”

Honestly, I support him flipping everyone off.

Hooker (27-2-3, 18 KO) gave a damn good account of himself against one of the scariest prospects in the sport, getting up from some nasty body shots before the aforementioned hand injury sent him to a knee for the full count.

https://www.badlefthook.com/2021/3/2...rn-boxing-news

You need to calm yourself down! Just because I DO NOT THNK HE'S READY FOR CRAWFORD, does not mean I don't think the kid is good! Hererra, Orozco, and Hooker, is not good preparation for P4P # 2, Terence Crawford!

What’s the point, obviously you’re a troll. I mean to hype up Van Hereen while downplaying Herrera, Orozco and Hooker as legit opposition it’s straight out trolling. Herrera beat the unified light welterweight champ Danny Garcia back in the day, Orozco gave the current unified champ Ramirez the fight of his life while Hooker was a former champ himself but yeah Van hereen resume trumps all those guys b/c he fought them @ 147 LOL. You’re was wrong with boxing dude, a young lion is willing to loose his 0 for the opportunity to be the best and you come up w/t excuses why he’s not ready to fight Crawford instead of praising him for wanting to fight the best, sheesh I’m glad you don’t advise Teo he’d probably would still be fighting the Diego Magdanelo’s of the world.
                  NachoMan NachoMan likes this.

Comment

I've seen Ortiz three times now, and I really like what I see. I could really hear the thud of his punches on the TV as well, much more than a normal guy. There's some real power there.

Comment

Working...
                    X