Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Regis Prograis Reflects on The Late Marvin Hagler, Talks Return on Triller

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Regis Prograis Reflects on The Late Marvin Hagler, Talks Return on Triller

By Thomas Gerbasi - When the late, great Marvelous Marvin Hagler got his first world title shot against Vito Antuofermo in 1979, it was in his 50th pro fight. Let that sink in for a second. Regis Prograis, as old school as we have in the modern era, has. So it was no surprise that while the boxing world was hit hard by the passing of Hagler on March 13 at the age of 66, it was an even tougher blow for Prograis, who counted the middleweight great as one of his fighting heroes.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Is that a camera perspective or are Haglers hands enormous compared to Prograis?
    Keleneki Keleneki likes this.

Comment

I really like prograis as a fighter but, when he's talking out outworking everyone, he's got to be regretting not working harder in the Taylor fight. If he had, especially over the closing rounds, the decision might have gone his way.
      sege64 sege64 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
        I really like prograis as a fighter but, when he's talking out outworking everyone, he's got to be regretting not working harder in the Taylor fight. If he had, especially over the closing rounds, the decision might have gone his way.
        It was a close, competitive fight and Taylor fought great so it’s not like Prograis simply fumbled it away

Comment

Crazy how little Prograis is. Met Hagler irl, the guy was very small.

Comment

I had Marvin hagler the clear winner against Leonard, he was genuinely robbed.
            leonards bursts off the ropes and dodgin shots here and there just weren’t enough. Hagler was aggressor from the start till the finish.
            Totally relentless no matter what was thrown at him. (the hearns fight) he walked through every punch from the heaviest hitter in the game at the time
            and probably one of the hardest punchers of all time to knock him out.

Comment

Originally posted by whollisboxing View Post

It was a close, competitive fight and Taylor fought great so it’s not like Prograis simply fumbled it away
              I really enjoyed the fight and agree it was close, competitive and that Prograis didn't "fumble it away".
              Vut he didn't appear to really leave it all.out there either, and definitely didn't "outwork" Taylor over the last few round, which is what he's saying he does .

Comment

Originally posted by micky1971 View Post
                I had Marvin hagler the clear winner against Leonard, he was genuinely robbed.
                leonards bursts off the ropes and dodgin shots here and there just weren’t enough. Hagler was aggressor from the start till the finish.
                Totally relentless no matter what was thrown at him. (the hearns fight) he walked through every punch from the heaviest hitter in the game at the time
                and probably one of the hardest punchers of all time to knock him out.
                Leonard clerly won, you tripping. Show me your scorecard, I got mine. You'll get thoroughly exposed and you might end up quitting this site.

Start to finish? Hagler gave up the first 4-6 rounds.

Comment

His name is Marvelous Marvin Hagler. Not Marvin Hagler.

Comment

Leonard was a shoeshiner and Marvelous was a banger. Shoeshining won the judges over but Hagler definitely won that fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X