Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Beterbiev-Deines: ESPN's Main Event Drew Peak Audience Of 289,000; Averaged 287,000

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Beterbiev-Deines: ESPN's Main Event Drew Peak Audience Of 289,000; Averaged 287,000

"March Madness" might've been a tougher opponent for Artur Beterbiev than Adam Deines. Directly competing with telecasts of numerous NCAA men's basketball tournament games Saturday afternoon clearly impacted viewership of the Russian knockout artist's fight against Deines on ESPN. Nielsen Media Research revealed Tuesday that an average of 287,000 viewers watched ESPN's broadcast of Beterbiev's 10th-round technical knockout of Deines from Megasport Sport Palace in Moscow.
    [Click Here To Read More]

No one is interested in top fighters facing unknowns and that is not going to change.

Comment

Russian time difference didn’t help it, but boxing is archaic when it comes to structure and promotion. Divided up a million different ways it has no chance of thriving in the current landscape.

Comment

Going head to head with March Madness is a terrible idea so no surprise really. I do like having Saturday Afternoon Boxing but maybe do it when it is not some other major Sporting event going on

Comment

Lol why would they go up against basketball?

Comment

Didn’t even know it was on but not at all surprised at the weak numbers. Russians have some good fighters but Americans generally don’t care to see them

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
              No one is interested in top fighters facing unknowns and that is not going to change.
              Doesn't help that it was three in the afternoon either. I didn't get home until around the sixth round, and I'm a fan of Artur lol

Comment

I watch every card I can , watched this one as well ..This like a lot of other cards was for the boxing heads not casuals + midday start time and going up against the biggest betting sporting event in America will give you numbers like this ..

Comment

That sucks....I watched the end of it....I had no idea it was starting so early.

Comment

So Beterbiev is getting about the same ratings as a Claressa Shields fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X