Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mike Tyson Biopic To Become Limited Series: Foxx, Scorsese Involved

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mike Tyson Biopic To Become Limited Series: Foxx, Scorsese Involved

Jamie Foxx's long-anticipated Mike Tyson biopic, in which the Oscar-winning actor is set to play the Hall of Fame fighter, is now becoming a reality. Rather than a motion picture, the biopic will roll out as a limited series.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The comedian and NSB poster Foxx, or some other hollywood guy?

Comment

It sounds like it's going to be a good movie. And he's a good storyteller. But yeah, he got the voice down perfect.

Last edited by Combat Talk Radio; 03-22-2021, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Honestly, the Tyson story is not that interesting. A small, muscular heavyweight blasts his way through a bunch of no-hopers and a couple of C-level guys, before beating an undersized, and terrified Spinks. He then believes he is ready for B level, but is wrong and loses almost every round to the decent-ish Douglas, before being knocked out. He then takes further batterings from the great Lennox Lewis, and Evan Fields x2, before getting smashed by Danny Williams, and Kevin McBride. Absolute hype job. Beat Ruddock and Tucker, who are about as good as Dave Allen, and Gerald Washington.

Comment

The presence of Foxx makes it a no-go already.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash out View Post
            Honestly, the Tyson story is not that interesting. A small, muscular heavyweight blasts his way through a bunch of no-hopers and a couple of C-level guys, before beating an undersized, and terrified Spinks. He then believes he is ready for B level, but is wrong and loses almost every round to the decent-ish Douglas, before being knocked out. He then takes further batterings from the great Lennox Lewis, and Evan Fields x2, before getting smashed by Danny Williams, and Kevin McBride. Absolute hype job. Beat Ruddock and Tucker, who are about as good as Dave Allen, and Gerald Washington.
            I think that is a completely cynical and skewed summation of Mike Tyson's life and career.

Tyson continues to capture the popular imagination for reasons both fascinating and salacious. Nothing apart from the capable 1995 'Tyson' has really attempted to cover the complete story in a major production.

I welcome the idea of a limited series which seems to be the popular form of docudrama, though I'm not thrilled about the guy who directed 'Southpaw' - that was a sports film done completely by the numbers, was predictable, boring, and cliched.

I also think it might be better to go with a no-name actor - trying to imitate a larger than life character works best when the actor isn't associated with previous films - Ali for example was ok, but just couldn't be believable with Will Smith as Ali.

Comment

Working...
            X