Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz: I Don't Think I Can Take Out Crawford Like That, Will Probably Go Distance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz: I Don't Think I Can Take Out Crawford Like That, Will Probably Go Distance

Vergil Ortiz Jr. could not have asked for a better scenario to send a message that he wants to challenge the very best. The unbeaten welterweight contender registered his first win of 2021, stopping former WBO junior welterweight titlist Maurice Hooker in the 7th round of their all-Dallas battle Saturday evening at Dickies Arena in Fort Worth, Texas. Hooker is a stablemate of unbeaten WBO welterweight titlist and pound-for-pound entrant Terence 'Bud' Crawford (37-0, 28KOs), who was situated ringside in support of his close friend.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Lad is impressing me with his maturity every time he makes a statement. This kid is an example of my I love my adopted
    home of Texas baby!

Comment

Am glad he sees and recognises that aspect of things. Bud is too smart, too good. Ortiz would try but he would get stopped. You could see the fear in the way Hooker fought last night. That would NOT happen with Bud, if i was Team Ortiz i would go for the Bud fight now, Ortiz's style isn't going to last and taking a lot more fights before the bigger names = Taking further punishments before he gets to those names. Win or lose he would learn a lot from a Bud fight, just like Canelo learnt a lot from the Mayweather fight. Ortiz just has to use his head a bit more when he fights someone like Bud.
      Get em up Get em up likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        Am glad he sees and recognises that aspect of things. Bud is too smart, too good. Ortiz would try but he would get stopped. You could see the fear in the way Hooker fought last night. That would NOT happen with Bud, if i was Team Ortiz i would go for the Bud fight now, Ortiz's style isn't going to last and taking a lot more fights before the bigger names = Taking further punishments before he gets to those names. Win or lose he would learn a lot from a Bud fight, just like Canelo learnt a lot from the Mayweather fight. Ortiz just has to use his head a bit more when he fights someone like Bud.
        I agree with this entire post. Ortiz would be all the better taking a loss this early from Bud. That's not to say he doesnt have a chance I just think Bud would outbox and eventually stop him. He could improve leaps and bounds in a fight with Bud at this stage in his career and even a loss wouldnt affect his career right now. Good post!
        Ray* Ray* likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
          Lad is impressing me with his maturity every time he makes a statement. This kid is an example of my I love my adopted
          home of Texas baby!
          The kid is very humble, very easy to support! Someone needs to tell him he did not STOP Hooker, Hooker broke his hand/wrist punching him on his head. He was getting hit too much, and that's what he has to improve! I like Robert Garcia, but if Mikey, Ramirez, and Vergil don't improve their defense, they'll be good WWs, but not great! I think Vergil has the most potential to be GREAT at WW, SWW, and MW! I would show him the Spence vs. Mikey fight, and ask him, "What did Mikey do wrong..." and go from there!

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post

I agree with this entire post. Ortiz would be all the better taking a loss this early from Bud. That's not to say he doesnt have a chance I just think Bud would outbox and eventually stop him. He could improve leaps and bounds in a fight with Bud at this stage in his career and even a loss wouldnt affect his career right now. Good post!
            I agree, and I wonder who could they bring into camp to prepare Vergil for Crawford? I think Erislandy Lara could be the guy! Errol and Boots would be great, but they're potential foes, so no bueno!

I don't like the Crawford fight! Mayweather schooled Canelo, but he couldn't HURT Canelo. Bud is nastier than Floyd! If the opportunity comes to HURT Vergil, he will do it! Pacquiao, Thurman, or Avanesyan!
            Last edited by Bronx2245; 03-22-2021, 08:13 AM.

Comment

he needs two more fights then he can take out Duckford

Comment

I love Ortiz's modest attitude, he doesn't sound as one of the innumerable fakes... plus, he also plays guitar and keyboards quite well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  Bud is nastier than Floyd! If the opportunity comes to HURT Vergil, he will do it!
                  You're right, and I agree with Crawford being maybe a step too far right now.

However... has Bud ever been struck by the kind of shots Vergil throws, especially body shots? That's a big question mark.

Comment

In before the, "Crawford got rocked by Mean Machine and Gamboa" crowd, though y'all laughed at the idea of the Mean Machine fight when it was announced. Lol

Crawford would beat the brakes off of this Ortiz hype job and most of y'all know it; that's where the built-in excuses are coming from.

One second, "Ortiz isn't quite ready for Crawford" but in the same breath, those same people are trying to bring up the Gamboa and Mean Machine moments and secretly give Ortiz credit for beating a Hooker that most of them wrote off after the Ramirez loss.

You people are insane! Lol

Comment

Working...
                    X