No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Glenn McCrory: Roy Jones Fight is My Biggest Challenge

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Glenn McCrory: Roy Jones Fight is My Biggest Challenge

Former world cruiserweight champion Glenn McCrory is also 56-years-old and he hasn't boxed in almost 30 years. Now he's hoping to mix it up with Roy Jones and says there's talk about the two of them meeting in late June in Newcastle, possibly in the Vertu Arena or even in St James's Park. Nothing is signed, but McCrory is hopeful.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Why bring over Roy Jones just go and Tyson Fury dad it will sell out! Plus he has not be in the ring over 30 years.

Comment

Jones will fight McCrory and even Mike Tyson but wouldn't take on Benn? I know they're all old fuckers anyway but just saying

Comment

I'm more interested in Tyson vs Holyfield. But...you really gotta ask yourself if all these fighters resurfacing after all these years is just a symptom of the state of boxing today. Like would Marciano and Louis announcing a fight during Ali's era or even fights between 50s fighters happening between the decades of 70s to 00s, would it have really peaked anyones interest? I don't want to depress anyone or sound jaded, but it's such a drab decade of boxing we're living in. There's no boxing stars on TV anymore. They're all sectioned off on different streaming services and it's so fragmented that no one gives a **** anymore.
        rudy rudy likes this.

Comment

Its abit like being that old guy still chatting up young women thinking you still got it.And you have still got it,its just that no one wants to see it lol

Comment

I never understood why Glenn never unifyed with Carlos De Leon, I'm sure he would of handled him with relative ease.

Comment

good god. Hopefully Glens just back on the booze again and this is not sober Glen talking.

Comment

McCrory acting like he was unlucky in his career when he was one of the luckiest fighters ever! He got to win a world title, in a vacant title fight against a journeyman. How on earth was this fight for a world title? I have known nothing like it. The man he beat Patrick Lumamba's record before the fight is below. Won 8 lost 2. Beat absolutely nobody above D level, and lost to two journeymen, within 10 fights!
                Glenn McCrory 25 5 0 Louisa Centre, Stanley L UD event bout wiki
                vacant International Boxing Federation World Cruiser Title
                1988-04-09 Jeff Lampkin 28 12 1 Caesars Palace, Sports Pavilion, Las Vegas W PTS event bout wiki
                1987-10-16 Alfonzo Ratliff 23 4 0 Convention Hall, Atlantic City W UD event bout wiki
                1987-08-01 James Broad 20 5 0 Las Vegas Hilton, Hilton Center, Las Vegas L PTS event bout wiki
                1986-09-05 Alfredo Evangelista 60 9 4 Campo del Gas, Madrid W PTS event bout wiki
                1986-07-19 Walter Santemore 20 19 0 Wembley Stadium, Wembley W PTS event bout wiki
                1985-11-24 Jose Seys 14 8 3 Vaasa Areena, Vaasa W KO event bout wiki
                1985-05-11 Winston Burnett 13 38 2 Vaasa Areena, Vaasa W KO event bout wiki
                1984-05-21 Marco Vitagliano 10 10 2 Urheilutalo, Helsinki W RTD event bout wiki
                1984-04-14 Hocine Tafer 30 3 1 Voiron L TKO event bout wiki
                1983-12-17 Liam Coleman 12 7 1

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
                  I'm more interested in Tyson vs Holyfield. But...you really gotta ask yourself if all these fighters resurfacing after all these years is just a symptom of the state of boxing today. Like would Marciano and Louis announcing a fight during Ali's era or even fights between 50s fighters happening between the decades of 70s to 00s, would it have really peaked anyones interest? I don't want to depress anyone or sound jaded, but it's such a drab decade of boxing we're living in. There's no boxing stars on TV anymore. They're all sectioned off on different streaming services and it's so fragmented that no one gives a **** anymore.
                  The problem goes back to this 90% of the fighters cannot score a clean knockout they fast hands but cannot punch which is the trainers they cannot teach boxers to punch anymore. When they lose another trainers comes in fighters our like girls that’s why Tyson at 52 generates big business McCory should be ashamed of himself only because he has no money now the sky job has dried up. He should be lucky he got the chance to be world champion that’s it was not a good fighter

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                    good god. Hopefully Glens just back on the booze again and this is not sober Glen talking.
                    Maybe he should rematch this guy first.....

A Sky Sports pundit punched and threatened to kill another driver in a drunken road rage outburst. Glenn McCrory, a 51-year-old former world champion boxer, had just had lunch at a pub in Newcastle when his Range Rover was spotted veering between lanes and mounting the kerb. Another road user, Ryszard Jurowski, noticed his erratic driving and followed him to his home to confront him about it. But 6ft 4in McCrory lashed out at Jurowski, punching him several times and threatening to kill him,

Or fight this guy....

Boxing pundit Glenn McCrory gave Lucas Browne both barrels recently when airing his views on the Australian former world heavyweight champion. In a now-deleted post, McCrory replied to Browne’s own tweet stating, ‘I’m not f—ing around’ by telling ‘Big Daddy’ in no uncertain terms, ‘he couldn’t put the cat out’. Browne responded to the obviously puzzling reply by saying: “Pull your head in, mate. Try and stay in your lane. But hey, it looks like you’re having trouble with that. Hahahaha, sad guy.”

Last edited by Rockybigblower; 03-22-2021, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X