Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Beterbiev Not Happy With Performance: A lot of Things Didn't Work

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Beterbiev Not Happy With Performance: A lot of Things Didn't Work

On Saturday night in Moscow, WBC, IBF light heavyweight world champion Artur Beterbiev (16-0, 16 KOs) broke down and stopped Adam Deines (19-2-1, 10 KOs) in the tenth round. For Beterviev, it was his first bout since October 2019, when he stopped Oleksandr Gvozdyk to unify the WBC, IBF light heavyweight belts.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Put it down to ring rust. You won and you won easily. But just so you know, The Americans have already written you off.

Comment

Beterbiev has always been hot and cold, people just don't remember his performances where he looked just okay before the stoppage. Beterbiev looked super mediocre vs Koelling and the crowd was not impressed at all. He then fights Johnson and gets dropped. That led to many people picking Hot Rod to beat him. And what happens? Beterbiev destroys him and beats Gvozdyk the following fight.

One issue is his inactivity and some injuries he has been dealing with but he's still going to be very tough to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
        Put it down to ring rust. You won and you won easily. But just so you know, The Americans have already written you off.
        Not sure if he is written off but he does show some flaws. A Smith/Beterbiev fight would be interesting but no guarantee that Joe beats Vlasov.

Comment

I wasn't impressed. Beterbiev didnt look like this killer he was built up to be. However I think it's a combination of ring rust and performing at home plus really the guy hasn't had that many fights. I'll look forward to seeing more

Comment

He looked basic? Canelo will want to fight him now

Comment

Everyone keeps giving Beterbiev the Luis Ortiz treatment...I'm saying it right now that Bivol & Alvarez beats him and Joe Smith is 50/50 with him due to his power.

Arthur Beterbiev is NOT UNBEATABLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                He looked basic? Canelo will want to fight him now
                Hes looked this way in every fight for several yrs. But when Canelo fights him there was always going to have been excuses from you anyways.(Every champ who has a subpart performance is considered a cherrypick if Canelo fights him(which means literally every champ in boxing)

Comment

I think a big part of the reason that Beterbiev didn't look flawless is because his opponent is a much better fighter than most of us think. That Deines guy also had a good beard and a very strong will. Many fighters would have stopped punching and went into strict defensive mode if they were taking the kind of punishment that he was taking. Just because a fighter is a "name opponent" doesn't mean they're actually more skillful, tough, or better than some guy that we don't know. The boxing community is full of foolish thinking such as that. Name guy = great fighter.......Unkown guy = bum......That's horse crap!
                  tmcp tmcp BoxOfficer BoxOfficer like this.

Comment

Everyone is down on him now, but should canelo sign to fight him, suddenly he’ll be a world beater once again.

Comment

Working...
                    X