Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz: Crawford is Possibly No. 1 Pound-For-Pound - But I Want That Fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz: Crawford is Possibly No. 1 Pound-For-Pound - But I Want That Fight!

Fort Worth, Texas - Unbeaten puncher Vergil Ortiz Jr picked up yet another fantastic victory as he stopped former world champion Maurice Hooker in the seventh round of their welterweight showdown. The fight started at a rapid pace, as Ortiz (17-0, 17 KOs) was aggressive from the very first bell, throwing power shot after power shot that Hooker (27-2-3, 18 KOs) was able to deal with.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Crawford would be far too much for Ortiz who would be picked off and hurt to the body badly with his Mike Tyson like guard with gloves up around the temples. Hooker who is no where near the fighter Crawford is was able to land his light punchers almost at will. Crawford and Spence need to fight and both stop the nonsense.

Comment

I think Oscar and B-Hop know better! Hooker's jab was lighting him up, and Hooker is nowhere near Crawford's skill level! GBP should call up Pacquiao ASAP! Maybe get Jerry Jones involved since Ortiz is from Dallas! That way Ortiz gets to see a fast, strong, Southpaw b4 Crawford! Besides, I think Crawford fights Porter, or the winner of Taylor vs. Ramirez! Another option for Ortiz Jr. is Regis Prograis! For the right money, I think he would go to 147 to fight Ortiz Jr.! Vergil is the real deal! I didn't know his jab was that good! He needs to improve his head movement, but that will come, especially after last night! 1-2 more fights, and he'll be ready!

Comment

Hell yeah! Vergil is a throwback fighter who ducks no one. If Vergil wants Bud next then so be it, the kid is daring to be great. It’s hard for me to comprehend how anyone can oppose a fighter fighting the best, too many on here got use to the Mayweather formula of waiting out your opponents. Ortiz is 17-0 all by KO while passing every test that is thrown his way. The future is now for Ortiz he has arrived and willing to take on all challengers gotta respect that.
        siablo14 siablo14 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastlos View Post
          Hell yeah! Vergil is a throwback fighter who ducks no one. If Vergil wants Bud next then so be it, the kid is daring to be great. It’s hard for me to comprehend how anyone can oppose a fighter fighting the best, too many on here got use to the Mayweather formula of waiting out your opponents. Ortiz is 17-0 all by KO while passing every test that is thrown his way. The future is now for Ortiz he has arrived and willing to take on all challengers gotta respect that.
          Crawford vs. Ortiz Jr. would be Mayweather vs. Canelo 2.0! Ortiz Jr. vs. Boots Ennis would be better!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            Crawford vs. Ortiz Jr. would be Mayweather vs. Canelo 2.0! Ortiz Jr. vs. Boots Ennis would be better!
            Pretty much this.

Comment

Or it could be Teofimo vs Loma 2.0...that’s the beauty of it with no risk comes zero reward. Vergil wants to be the best and the only way to do that is by fighting the best. I say fooc it, at worst he’ll learned from the fight like Canelo did from the Maywether bout

Comment

There is plenty of time for Ortiz Jr. vs Ennis but Bud Crawford needs to fight elite opponents in the next year or two before he starts to decline. Also, if Ortiz is able to learn from a Crawford fight like Canelo learned from the Mayweather fight then that would be tremendous.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastlos View Post

Or it could be Teofimo vs Loma 2.0...that’s the beauty of it with no risk comes zero reward. Vergil wants to be the best and the only way to do that is by fighting the best. I say fooc it, at worst he’ll learned from the fight like Canelo did from the Maywether bout
                  I would make Pacquiao priority #1!!! Let Vergil fight a strong Southpaw b4 Spence Jr. or Crawford! If no Pacquiao, then Boots Ennis! If he can beat Boots, then he's ready for Crawford!

Comment

What cracked me up last night, was Crawford's interview with Maddux. Maddux: What do you think of a possible fight with Ortiz? Crawford: I laugh, it's funny, I'm looking for bigger things at this point. Maddux: Spence is in the house, what's the prospects of a showdown with Spence? Crawford: I'm not even thinking of Spence anymore, he's in the past, he's not even relevant anymore. So let me get this straight, Crawford dismisses Ortiz because he thinks he's to good for him and is "looking for better thing's" as he puts it, but then in the same breath doesn't want Spence either, which is the biggest thing and fight at WW. What is it then? Seems to me that Crawford wants to dodge and avoid any big threat, I mean he dismisses Ortiz and Spence, turned down Porter, so what exactly is bigger things Crawford? Seems like he wants a cash out fight with Pacquiao only and not risk anything. As far as Ortiz being ready, I would give him another year personally but that doesn't mean he's not a live dog against anyone at WW, including the 2 top dogs, his size and strength would give Crawford fits, do I need to remind everyone that Featherweight Gamboa hurt Crawford, and even though Crawford beat Jose Benavides with a 12 round decision, Crawford had to be on his P's and Q's boxing all night just because of Benavides size and couldn't allow one mistake because he knew any mistake would cost him. I invite anyone to watch that fight and see how careful Crawford was. Ortiz is way, way better than Benavides and even if he doesn't win he would give Crawford all he can handle, some people brought up Ennis, I think he would give Crawford a run for his money as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X