No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz vs. Maurice Hooker - Official Scorecards

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz vs. Maurice Hooker - Official Scorecards

Ortiz, Hooker Scorecard Official Judges - Dickies Arena in Fort Worth, Texas - In the biggest fight of his career to date, rising welterweight contender Vergil Ortiz (17-0, 17 KOs) had a very tough test, but he dropped and stopped former world champion Maurice "Mighty Mo" Hooker (27-2-3, 19 KOs) in the seventh round.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It's a little suspect to me Ellis Johnson didn't give Hooker a single round.

Comment

I didn't score it, but it was closer than a damn shutout lol

Comment

i had hooker winning 1 round maybe one even as well

Comment

It was a great fight. Hookers frail body couldn't take the power but he has a better chin than Terence Duckford

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
            It was a great fight. Hookers frail body couldn't take the power but he has a better chin than Terence Duckford
            Hooker has the same problem as Broner! Not strong enough for 147, but can't make 140! How do you think a fight between Ortiz Jr. and Regis Prograis would work out @ 147?

Comment

Prograis a southpaw 32 years old a more tight fighter proven and never disappoints when in the ring. He has a fight at 147 on April ? First true 147 bout for him. Sure would be a good test for Ortiz and another fight where he will get hit. Both want the exposure and I enjoy watching both fight yet still another 140 coming up in weight. Interesting match up sure would ansere questions for both guys. Easier to make then the other two guys that were sitting in Texas last night.

Comment

Originally posted by cace View Post
                i had hooker winning 1 round maybe one even as well
                Agree I think I gave hooker rd 3 only .

Comment

Four rounds to two, Ortiz is an embarrassment.

He was fighting a fragile super lightweight and it was competitive.

Future loser.

Comment

Could have been a shutout. I gave Hooker the 3rd but it was very close. I could have given him the 4th but those were the only 2 rounds

Comment

Working...
                    X