No announcement yet.

Cloud Pounds Woods Over Twelve, Captures IBF Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloud Pounds Woods Over Twelve, Captures IBF Title

In one of boxing’s best venues, the Hard Rock Live arena in Hollywood Florida hosted two IBF title fights. The first of which was contested in the light heavyweight division between longtime veteran and former titlist Clinton Woods (42-5-1, 24KO) from Sheffield England and Florida’s own undefeated Tavoris Cloud (20-0, 18KO). Cloud came out in the beginning looking to bully Woods, but when you’ve been in the ring with Roy Jones Jr., Antonio Tarver, and three fights with Glencoffe Johnson you’re not going to be bullied by someone like Tavoris Cloud. With that said it doesn’t mean Cloud won’t punish you, and that’s exactly what happened to Woods’ body compliments of Cloud’s fist. [details]

Nice one Cloud you beaten a shot has been who wasnt that good in the first place!

Comment

Cloud looked good tonight and showed some things in the ring that I wasn't sure he could do. As for Woods, he did better tonight than his last venture to the states, but it was a more brutal loss as well. Time to say goodbye

Comment

Cloud has some holes but Boxing needs more of these guys! Hungry and ready to bring the pain with pressure and power punches.

Comment

I think that Cloud is the most dangerous challenger out there for Chad Dawson besides Bernard Hopkins. I'm not exaggerating either. One thing that happened to Chad against a fighter with Woods-like power is him nearly getting stopped. I'm a huge fan of Glen Johnson but I don't think he punches that much harder than Woods and he had Dawson in big trouble in their fight. I think Cloud and Dawson would be a hell of a scrap.

Comment

^^^^^^^^^

Johnson does hit quite a bit harder and isnt as shot as woods

Comment

I enjoyed this fight. Cloud has one hell of a chin, lets his hands go, is incredibly hungry, and most importantly is exciting to watch. I can't wait to see his next fight.

Thank you FNF's. These are the types of fights you need more of. Less Cuban showcases.

Comment

I normally haven't sacrificed a the night for Friday Night Fights on ESPN, but I made an exception with this card tonight. I knew having Cloud on the card would be a crowd pleaser.

Comment

Go cloud!! !!

Comment

missed the fight. bummer

Comment

Working...
                    X