Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Maurice Hooker: I'm Way Better Than The Fighters Vergil Ortiz Has Fought So Far

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Maurice Hooker: I'm Way Better Than The Fighters Vergil Ortiz Has Fought So Far

Maurice Hooker recognizes the type of danger he has embraced in his first legitimate welterweight fight. The former WBO junior welterweight champion views Vergil Ortiz Jr. the same as virtually everyone else. Hooker (27-1-3, 18 KOs) also is confident that Ortiz (16-0, 16 KOs) is taking a considerable step up in class in their 12-round, 147-pound fight Saturday night.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The man has a point, but... Ortiz has been way better than all of his opponents. Will that balance out?

Comment

Hooker looks like a 140 lb moved to 147 and he’s not that slick or a big puncher.
      I got ortiz in 9

Comment

Originally posted by Onetimethun View Post
        Hooker looks like a 140 lb moved to 147 and he’s not that slick or a big puncher.
        I got ortiz in 9
        Agreed. I don't see Hooker withstanding the punches. He has a bad chin IMO.

Comment

It’s a step up for Ortiz, that’s a fact. Hooker is very very good, I think the odds on this fight are not representative of the real risk here.

Comment

Hooker is ok, but he's on the fringes. His best win was one of those Eddy shockers. Virgil has too much of everything, even a better jab.

Comment

Working...
            X