Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Smith: Beterbiev Is One-Dimensional, Lot Of Guys He Fights Aren't Even In Top 10

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joe Smith: Beterbiev Is One-Dimensional, Lot Of Guys He Fights Aren't Even In Top 10

Joe Smith Jr. wants nothing more than the opportunity to prove himself against Artur Beterbiev later this year. That's the light heavyweight title unification bout Bob Arum, whose company co-promotes Smith and Beterbiev, intends to put together if Smith and Beterbiev win their upcoming 175-pound championship clashes.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Beterbiev / Smith is a Good fight IMO.
    I really like how confident Joe sounds as he's calling for the fight.

Smith might actually give Beterbiev some trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post
      Well, if Callum Johnson managed to floor Beterbiev, Smith may even knock him out.

However, I can also easily envision Beterbiev's pressure being too much for Joe.

Comment

In other news:
        Amir Khan Mocks Dillian Whyte's Glass Jaw
        Katie Taylor Says Paulie Malignaggi Couldn't Crack An Egg
        Last edited by NachoMan; 03-19-2021, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Yeah, because no one wants to fight the dude.

Comment

I think Beterbiev has underrated boxing, he was an Olympian with almost 300 amateur fights, his style is more maul and brawl but that's a choice. Smith, used to be a one dimensional fighter but has really evolved into a boxer-puncher. It's gonna be fireworks but don't sleep on Vlasov, he's got underated boxing and sneaky power.

Comment

Joe is getting over confident here he's needs get past Viasov who isn't walk in the park..I can see beterbiev getting dropped by Joe but I cannot see him winning UD/points..it's going to one hell of a fight for me Beterbiev is a monster but maybe he believes in his power too much to hich can be his downfall.

Comment

Beterbiev has boxing skills for sure, you can't have a great amateur career if you don't know how to box, the dude can fight and is very heavy handed which spells trouble for anyone, however like someone said it, he's been dropped, Joe Smith has heavy hands too, I do think he is 2nd in terms of power on the division just below Beter, so it would make for a very funny fight, however Smith has Vlasov in front of him.

Comment

I’m calling it right now, Smith will stop Beterbiev.

Comment

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post
                    Beterbiev / Smith is a Good fight IMO.
                    I really like how confident Joe sounds as he's calling for the fight.

I like the confidence too. Hopefully he's not looking past Vlasov who is pretty durable and can box decent. It may be a tricky fight for Joe. He's gotta hurt Vlasov otherwise I could see him getting outboxed.

That said, I would not be surprised if Smith beats Beterbiev (provided he gets past Vlasov). I think Artur is a beast and the best LHW out there but Smith is tough as nails and has game changing power.

Comment

Working...
                    X