Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Plant On Dirrell-Davis: Wasn't Surprised At Result, Anthony's Mouth Is Bigger Than His Fighting Skills

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Plant On Dirrell-Davis: Wasn't Surprised At Result, Anthony's Mouth Is Bigger Than His Fighting Skills

There were many observers surprised both by the verdict in the recent super middleweight title eliminator between Anthony Dirrell and Kyrone Davis and the fact that it came down to sweating out the final scorecards. Caleb Plant was not among those particularly caught off guard by either scenario--so much that the unbeaten super middleweight titlist didn't even bother to watch the event in real time.
    [Click Here To Read More]

So in other words I’m getting this money 1st before taken any risk, even if it is against an over the hill washed up, loud mouth Dirrell! I need this $$$

Comment

Garbage division.

Comment

Anthony has a big heart, but I do think his brother, Andre, was a better fighter. He was a very good fighter who gave Carl Froch a tough fight.

Comment

Reading Plant's comments really makes me want Canelo to fight someone else. Its very annoying when a fighter intentionally skips fights or chooses significantly lesser opposition because theres a possible money fight in the near future.

Say what you want about Manny and Floyd but they both took some real fights during their 5 year dance. Cotto, Mosley, JMM, Margarito, Canelo, Maidana, DLH, Hatton, etc. These guys didnt go looking for Joe Blow or Redkach or whoever.

This new era frustrates me how hard they work to avoid certain opponents. Its stunning really
          TinAgeOfBoxing TinAgeOfBoxing likes this.

Comment

Caleb Plant starring in "Waiting for Canelo, a love story"

Comment

So Plant has the nerve to talk sht about Dirrell losing his title twice by actually fighting threats as opposed to being a chickensht like him fighting D listers & Bellhops? GTFOH

Dirrells resume shts all over Plants, I'd love to see Plant fight Badou or Benevidez,but of course hes all talk,& of course hes going to sit on the shelf til September,& when he loses he'll cry he had too much notice from Canelo,that dirty ginger is taking advantage of goldielocks Plant by giving him what is now like 2 yrs notice....
              Last edited by kushking; 03-18-2021, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by #1PaperChamp View Post
                Reading Plant's comments really makes me want Canelo to fight someone else. Its very annoying when a fighter intentionally skips fights or chooses significantly lesser opposition because theres a possible money fight in the near future.

Say what you want about Manny and Floyd but they both took some real fights during their 5 year dance. Cotto, Mosley, JMM, Margarito, Canelo, Maidana, DLH, Hatton, etc. These guys didnt go looking for Joe Blow or Redkach or whoever.

This new era frustrates me how hard they work to avoid certain opponents. Its stunning really
                Floyd was a King in choosing his fights carefully. What are you talking about?

But yeah, it's a bit rich where Plant is concerned. Not everyone fights bums as bad as Plant has in his defences. A Light heavy bum drained to Super Middle. A finished Truex who wasn't a somebody to begin with. This dude is done when he fights anyone with a pulse. His delusions have got out of hand now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post

Floyd was a King in choosing his fights carefully. What are you talking about?
                  Not sure what you mean. Floyd fought pretty much everyone he couldve fought. There are post-fight interviews in ~2001-2003 calling out DLH and Mosley and even one Mosley interview where he says he cant fight Floyd and has to see a dentist.

Arum was trying to build Floyd-Cotto and obviously Margarito got in the way of that. I guess Margarito is a fight that could have happened but after Margs beat Cotto he got stopped in his very next fight against Mosley...

Manny came late and Floyd has part the blame in that but why couldnt Manny join Floyd in drug testing? If you werent hiding anything than why not do the testing ?!?

Floyd couldve fought Tszu also but that didnt materialize. Most of his career was pretty solid otherwise tbh

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
                  But yeah, it's a bit rich where Plant is concerned. Not everyone fights bums as bad as Plant has in his defences. A Light heavy bum drained to Super Middle. A finished Truex who wasn't a somebody to begin with. This dude is done when he fights anyone with a pulse. His delusions have got out of hand now.
                  I'm just not a huge fan of this whole style. Charlo does it too and so does GGG. Fight nobody after nobody and expect Canelo to bend to your will in negotiations. Its insane.

Plant dont deserve the fight and Canelo has publicly made it clear he wants BJS + Plant for unification...it will be impressive if Canelo beats Callum, BJS, and Plant inside 1 year to unify w/ a random mandatory sprinkled in

Comment

Originally posted by #1PaperChamp View Post

Not sure what you mean. Floyd fought pretty much everyone he couldve fought. There are post-fight interviews in ~2001-2003 calling out DLH and Mosley and even one Mosley interview where he says he cant fight Floyd and has to see a dentist.

Arum was trying to build Floyd-Cotto and obviously Margarito got in the way of that. I guess Margarito is a fight that could have happened but after Margs beat Cotto he got stopped in his very next fight against Mosley...

Manny came late and Floyd has part the blame in that but why couldnt Manny join Floyd in drug testing? If you werent hiding anything than why not do the testing ?!?

Floyd couldve fought Tszu also but that didnt materialize. Most of his career was pretty solid otherwise tbh

I'm just not a huge fan of this whole style. Charlo does it too and so does GGG. Fight nobody after nobody and expect Canelo to bend to your will in negotiations. Its insane.

Plant dont deserve the fight and Canelo has publicly made it clear he wants BJS + Plant for unification...it will be impressive if Canelo beats Callum, BJS, and Plant inside 1 year to unify w/ a random mandatory sprinkled in
                    Not for one second do i think you're trolling or joking. But just, wow. Floyd for most of his career cherry picked the daylights out of everything after the second Castillo fight. The first fight was just too close for comfort with him. To think he looked for the best at their best, is just a big lie. It was constant. Only someone wanting to make excuses for him for what ever reason could come to this conclusion.

Floyd fought those he should have fought when they were badly faded. He made sure to fight them in that condition. It's true he wanted De La Hoya, but the Mosley fight call out was just that. A call out to convince people. Floyd would never have got in there with him in his prime. Wilder did it to a much worse level, as do the whole of the PBC. But it's actually laughable for anybody to believe any of this at this point.

You mean the Margarito that Floyd famously ducked and had the embarrassment of a meeting of the two filmed and put up on YT? It's hilarious at how jittery Floyd is with Margs there. Floyd even boasted about getting a single dollar more for the Baldomir fight when no one even wanted it. But it was Floyd all over. He turned the Margs fight down and needed someone to surpass the offer so he could duck. But the offer was the same as he was offered for Margs. So Floyd asked for a dollar more so he could justify the duck in the most pathetic way and claim he was paid more for that fight than for Margarito.

How could Margarito get in the way of anything when Floyd had his last fight against Hatton in 2007 before his 2 year "Vacation"? Cotto/Margarito didn't even fight until mid 2008. Floyd wanted to get away to juice i suspect and to make sure all the threats of Margarito/Cotto/Clottey/Williams fought and beat each other up before he'd come back and pick up the scraps. However, a fighter moving up he didn't foresee in Manny made it even more difficult because he would become the one he was most scared of. So if he wanted to come back to boxing, it was going to be too obvious what a coward he was. Floyd then went years fighting all the wrong guys and the right ones at the wrong time.

Floyd didn't care about testing. He just wanted an excuse to not fight Manny. It was nothing but the typical road block. The flat fee of 40 Mill was a road block. Asking Manny to leave Arum and to sign up to the Money Team and have a few fights there before they get it on was another road block. If it was just the testing, Floyd would have no reason to come out with more conditions. But they came, just to put more road blocks up. I mean, how could you ask a PPV super star to take a flat fee and let him take the rest? Pathetic. As Floyd himself said "He's a rich coward". I agree. That was one of only a few times Floyd was actually honest.

What about the court case for slander where Floyd was asked to reveal his drug tests before the court? What did Floyd do? He folded in front of his nemesis and said he'd pay all costs and compensation. Why though? Because Floyd was unaware the court could do that. He shlt himself and got out of there quick. That was a red flag if there ever was one. Why would Floyd have a private contract with USADA where any failed tests would go direct to the Mayweather camp and not the public? Who was Floyd trying to convince he was clean... Himself? Another red flag. Floyd was the drug cheat. He was just projecting.

Floyd at no point tried to fight Kostya. Kostya was out with injury before the rematch with Mitchell, then he had his mandatory against Hatton where he was beaten and then retired. So when did Floyd try to fight him? Kostya had been calling for it years beforehand? Just another fight Floyd didn't want, so made sure it didn't happen. Just like the rest of the fights he made sure not to happen. His resume after Hatton is grotesque for the supposed "Best ever".

Comment

Working...
                    X