Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Benavidez: I Want To Fight Jermall Charlo, Dirrell Rematch - I Just Want To Stay Active

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Benavidez: I Want To Fight Jermall Charlo, Dirrell Rematch - I Just Want To Stay Active

The only thing David Benavidez wanted to hear more than his name announced as the winner was who is next and how soon he gets back in the ring. The former two-time WBC super middleweight titlist gave himself a chance to fight for his old crown again following an 11th round stoppage win over Ronald Ellis. Benavidez overcame a slow 1st round to otherwise dominate the 31-year-old Lynn, Massachusetts product en route to a one-sided victory Saturday evening on Showtime from Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    siablo14 siablo14 likes this.

Benavidez is a likeable guy IMO. I dont wanna see a rematch with Dirrell though. I'd prefer Caleb Plant or even Danny Jacobs. I dont see Charlo moving up to fight Benavidez. I think he knows that's a tough hill to climb.

Comment

Charlo will only go to 168 for Clenelo. Plant is waiting to unify 168 after clenelo's punching bag fight in may. Benavidez needs to stop begging for Charlo and fight Jacobs.

Comment

Considering in the eyes of many Benavidez and Canelo are the two best fighters at 168, I seriously doubt Charlo would fight either as his first fight at a new weight. Suspect Charlo likely to fight one of Canelo’s left overs, either BJS or Plant particularly if either gets stopped by Canelo. Same way Pac did by fighting Mayweathers left overs and stopping them quicker. Completely pointless for Benavidez to fight Dirrell again other than as a stay busy. The first fight wasn’t even close and agree with him that he’d stop him sooner.

Comment

Be careful what you wish for David. Mall is not to be fooled with.

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
            Charlo will only go to 168 for Clenelo. Plant is waiting to unify 168 after clenelo's punching bag fight in may. Benavidez needs to stop begging for Charlo and fight Jacobs.
            In other words, Charlo f..cuking scared and only wants that lotto ticket! LOL

The Menstruating Tranny making excuses for that coward Charla.

Comment

Good to see a fighter talking about who he wants to fight and not who he doesn't want to fight. Unfortunatly, Charlo and Dirrell wan't that Canelo money. They invested in a boxing career and have to make the $ last so no they wil never fight you. Sad reality of boxing!

Just take out the top 5 for each body (wba, ibf, wbc, wbo) close all the escape routes! Yes, that's not guaranteed strategy, but once done you can use the legal system to get the fights or $$.

Comment

“I want to fight [Jermall] Charlo,” Benavidez told BoxingScene,com, referring to the unbeaten WBC middleweight titlist who has designs on becoming a three-division titlist. “He said he was going to move up to 168. Now he’s backpedaling and (plans to stay) at 160.

Jermall Charlo...MAN UP! If Charlo don't want no smoke, fight David Morrell Jr.!
                Get em up Get em up likes this.

Comment

Jermall don't want that smoke.

That's why all you hear from him is crickets.

Comment

I wonder if Jermall will step up and fight Benavidez. He doesn't have to if he plans to stay at 160, but I think he was considering moving up to 168 in hopes of getting Canelo. Would be a great fight.

I would rather see Benavidez vs Plant and Charlo vs Jacobs, with Canelo just fighting the winners, but we all know chances are slim to none of something like that actually taking place.

Comment

Working...
                    X