Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Estrada: I'd Prefer Third Fight With Gonzalez Next Over Sor Rungvisai Rubber Match

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Estrada: I'd Prefer Third Fight With Gonzalez Next Over Sor Rungvisai Rubber Match

Juan Francisco Estrada understands that he is obligated to fight Srisaket Sor Rungvisai next. Sor Rungvisai, the mandatory challenger for Estrada's WBC super flyweight title, stepped aside to allow Estrada to fight Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez again Saturday night in Dallas. If Estrada could choose his next opponent, however, he'd pick a third fight against Gonzalez over a rubber match with Sor Rungvisai.
    [Click Here To Read More]

If he didn't have to satisfy that Mando he would not be saying this. Lets see if he can get past his Mando and see what direction he actually is going to take.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
      If he didn't have to satisfy that Mando he would not be saying this. Lets see if he can get past his Mando and see what direction he actually is going to take.
      Estrada just knows that full southpaw Srisaket beats him where he knows Choco is declined and not as dangerous.

Comment

Rungvisai is arguably a harder fight. Estrada has quite the gauntlet to overcome. It’s two 50-50 fights but Rungvisai is so damn dangerous with his size and power in addition to everything else he brings.

i’m excited either way. If he can get past both back to back? Jesus. That’d be an unreal run going back to back to back like that in big tough fights

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post

Rungvisai is arguably a harder fight. Estrada has quite the gauntlet to overcome. It’s two 50-50 fights but Rungvisai is so damn dangerous with his size and power in addition to everything else he brings.

i’m excited either way. If he can get past both back to back? Jesus. That’d be an unreal run going back to back to back like that in big tough fights
          I don't mind the Rungvisal fight if it wasn't for the last fight against Roman. I think that Estrada improved to the point that he is more skilled than Rungvisai and should beat him again. Estrada has shown chin and stamina so I am not worried in that department. Choco is more skilled and is harder to over come because he does adjust with all that pressure that he provides.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

Estrada just knows that full southpaw Srisaket beats him where he knows Choco is declined and not as dangerous.
            I was favoring Estrada because of Choco decline. Choco proved why he was considered one of the top guys before he lost.

Comment

No wrong answer here. Estrada needs to fight them both a third time, but he should be able to set the time table until someone beats him. Sor Rungvisal has had 3 fairly easy fights in a row. Estrada has had tough fights for 3 out of his past 4 (Carlos Cuardros was in there with the rematch with Srisaket Sor Rungvisai and Gonzalez), and now Gonzalez and Sor Rungvisai each want next? Estrada has earned a bit of a rest and should be able to pace himself to not get destroyed just by attrition.

Comment

Estrada could always just follow the money and sign for the trilogy bout with Gonzalez. At this point who cares if it's one or both titles on the line?

Vacate WBC title if they insist on the mandatory first, saving on the sanctioning fee and allowing rungvisai to fight the next highest ranked for title. Winner of Estrada-Gonzalez fights Rungvisai to reunify.
                kiaba360 kiaba360 likes this.

Comment

I don't mind the Rungvisal fight if it wasn't for the last fight against Roman. I think that Estrada improved to the point that he is more skilled than Rungvisai and should beat him again. Estrada has shown chin and stamina so I am not worried in that department. Choco is more skilled and is harder to over come because he does adjust with all that pressure that he provides.
                  Estrada got dropped by Cuadras in his fight before Chocolatito. Rungvisai hits harder than Cuadras. Choco looking old and has had tough fights, these small guys age instantly.
                  Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by baroidi View Post

Estrada got dropped by Cuadras in his fight before Chocolatito. Rungvisai hits harder than Cuadras. Choco looking old and has had tough fights, these small guys age instantly.
                    That was another good fight. Cuadra came in knowing that it was his last chance and gave as much as he could. Estrada turned out to be more skilled and is conditioning outlasted Cuadra's. These small guys in any combination have been very entertaining. I am just complaining about the decision of the last fight, I have no riffs with any of those fighters because they have actually stepped it up and fought the fights that meant something numerous times.

Comment

Working...
                    X