Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Navarrete vs. Diaz, Berlanga vs. Nicholson - Official For April 24

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Navarrete vs. Diaz, Berlanga vs. Nicholson - Official For April 24

Mexican great Emanuel "Vaquero" Navarrete, boxing's busiest world champion, is set to kick off his 2021 campaign by reviving a long-standing pugilistic rivalry. Navarrete will make his first defense of the WBO featherweight world title Saturday, April 24 against Puerto Rican contender Christopher "Pitufo" Diaz at Silver Spurs Arena in Kissimmee, Fla.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Edgar "Bumfights" Berlanga is pretty good just wish he would stop picking on all these absolute no-hopers. Never have to look at his opponents country of origin, theyre all straight from Palookaville.
    Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

Idc what haters go to say im pretty excited to see Berlanga vs Demond guy can actually fight . Fringe contender type fighter good step up from Journeyman/Regional type fighters he's been fighting.

Comment

Nicholson is a step up on paper and he has a win against Mike Guy (who recently went distance with John Ryder) but he's been stopped in 2 of his 3 losses and the aforementioned win against Guy is probably his best win.

I imagine Berlanga will ice Nicholson in first four rounds; I know he's heavy handed but they need to put him in with a fighter who has bona fide durability.

Comment

Berlanga faced total no hopers so far. Now he's facing a journeyman. That is a big step up.

My prediction: Berlanga is going to get an early stoppage that is controversial. The ref's are on his side. Some of his first round KO's were early stoppages. At least Wilder was knocking people unconscious.
          Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Elotero View Post
            Edgar "Bumfights" Berlanga is pretty good just wish he would stop picking on all these absolute no-hopers. Never have to look at his opponents country of origin, theyre all straight from Palookaville.
            But...but NSB is calling Berlanga the next big thing!

Comment

In reality, Berlanga and Nicholson should be on the undercard, not co feature to a title fight. But I get it Top Rank is on a tight budget.

Comment

Not great, but decent card. Kind of a typical TR card at this point, solid but unspectacular. Still, I'll look forward to both fights

Comment

Working...
                X