Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ryno Liebenberg Stuns Rowan Campbell With Stoppage in Eight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ryno Liebenberg Stuns Rowan Campbell With Stoppage in Eight

Super middleweight Ryno Liebenberg won bragging rights in his clash against Rowan Campbell, battering the previously-unbeaten fighter before ending matters in round 8 Sunday evening at Emperors Palace in Kempton Park, South Africa. Liebenberg, who resides in Krugersdorp, improves to 21-7-1, 14 knockouts.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Really wasn't shocking to me. Campbell had only ever fought local guys at the literal same venue every time. Yeah, Liebenberg has some losses, but against far better competition. He showed that, even at 37, he's still miles above Campbell. Rowan was never really in the fight and Ryno just started battering him as the fight wore on. The ref, doctor, and corner probably should have ended this much sooner. Gotta hurt for Campbell, both physically and in terms of his pride.

Comment

My friends back home told me Campbell is overrated and his a level below Liebenberg was going to expose him. Berman was clutching at straws and ever since Oosthuizen his got no one to put his hopes in and was hoping Campbell was going to be the next star.

Comment

Yeah, Liebenberg's always been decent, not really surprised by this one

Comment

Campbell seemed overly tentative and didn't know what do when his power didn't seem to deter Ryno. Someone said that Rowan almost seemed scared and I kind of agree. So I guess my question is where does Campbell realistically go from here? As an article I read said, if Ryno was a gatekeeper, he just slammed the gate shut in Rowan's face.

Comment

Originally posted by Kite1345 View Post
            Campbell seemed overly tentative and didn't know what do when his power didn't seem to deter Ryno. Someone said that Rowan almost seemed scared and I kind of agree. So I guess my question is where does Campbell realistically go from here? As an article I read said, if Ryno was a gatekeeper, he just slammed the gate shut in Rowan's face.
            Yes I agree. Ryno is a tough test but if he wanted to step up he needed to be able to handle Ryno so this tells me his not world champion material.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyu View Post

Yes I agree. Ryno is a tough test but if he wanted to step up he needed to be able to handle Ryno so this tells me his not world champion material.
              I think he could get there eventually. Maybe. Or at least world challenger level. But he's gonna have to go back to the drawing board and figure out exactly why this fight was such a disaster for him. I don't know if Ryno plans on doing anything with the belts he got. He seems like he's contemplating retirement and just wants one more tilt on the world stage. I wouldn't be surprised if he vacated at least one of the belts when he decides to go for that fight. Maybe Rowan tries to recapture the belts and then gets some more experience outside of his own country. That's what I think ultimately hurt him the most: Ryno had been there and done that. Maybe not always successfully, but he had the experience.

Comment

Working...
              X