Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: It Makes Me A Little Bit Sick To Have Paid Yildirim More Than Estrada

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: It Makes Me A Little Bit Sick To Have Paid Yildirim More Than Estrada

Eddie Hearn felt a bit guilty after watching greatness unfold before his very eyes Saturday night. Having paid Avni Yildirim more money than Juan Francisco Estrada for their disparate efforts in recent weeks didn't sit quite right with the British promoter as he discussed Estrada's admirable performance against Roman Gonzalez in their 115-pound title unification fight Saturday night at American Airlines Center in Dallas. Whereas Estrada earned every penny of his undisclosed purse, Hearn didn't walk away from Yildirim's mandated shot at Canelo Alvarez's WBC super middleweight title with the same feeling February 27.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He's not the only one.

Comment

Lol......this guy

Comment

Yildirim had earned his mandatory spot and just got lucky that it ended up being with Canelo. The last boxer I heard speaking about it was Benavidez and he said he said good for him.

Comment

Real ****ing professional, Eddie.

Comment

Less is best. Short this time, more later. Eddy clauses.

Comment

Originally posted by ReggieKray View Post
              Yildirim had earned his mandatory spot and just got lucky that it ended up being with Canelo. The last boxer I heard speaking about it was Benavidez and he said he said good for him.
              $2.5million is a lot less than other guys have turned down for mandatory shots at Canelo. I'm pretty sure the reason Hearn is sick about paying Yilderim more than Estrada is that Estrada fought his heart out and Yilerim didn't give it a go.

Comment

Lol keeping it real, Eddie is starting to grow on me.

Comment

Eddie Hearn just said something key.

"But it’s not a charity. It’s a business. So, it depends how many people want to watch the fight."

So, Yildirim got the paycheck he did because he was in the ring with Canelo.

This implies that Choco is not a draw and neither is Estrada.

Comment

Originally posted by ReggieKray View Post
                    That's not what happened though, Canelo went to the WBC and told them to make Yildirim the mandatory since that's who he wanted to fight. Originally he was supposed to fight Yildirim instead Callum Smith but even DAZN said no and thats why there was the lawsuit.

Comment

Working...
                    X