Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chocolatito: I Won Both Of Our Fights; If Estrada Wants A Third Bout, We'll Do It

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chocolatito: I Won Both Of Our Fights; If Estrada Wants A Third Bout, We'll Do It

Roman Gonzalez believes he has already beaten Juan Francisco Estrada twice. Boxing's former pound-for-pound king still would welcome a third fight against his Mexican rival. Gonzalez, more commonly known by his nickname, "Chocolatito," might have to wait to encounter Estrada a third time because Estrada is supposed to make a mandatory defense of his WBC super flyweight title next against Srisaket Sor Rungvisai.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Yes he did. He has Estrada's number. Both fights were entertaining. Would welcome a third one.

Comment

Just...book Estrada/Rungvisai III, the Rubber Match, so Srisaket can stay southpaw and knock out Estrada.

We need to derail this Estrada/Choco trilogy. It's not healthy. Not when NSB will scream robbery after every fight.

Comment

So with all the talk of who won the fight, I watched not only the second fight, but also the first fight, no sound, no bias commentary, which I thought there was a little if that on Saturday. After seeing both fights, I can say I have no problem with either guy winning the fight 115-113 or a draw, it was razor close for the second, and honestly, Gonzalez probably won the second with more certainty than the first, if you were to make that argument. Estrada definitely won the first fight, by the same score 115-113 and won more clearly than the second. All that said, with Gonzalez getting the win in the first fight, with Estrada probably winning, and Estrada getting the nod with probably Gonzalez winning the second, I see no problems with any of the decisions, they were both close, no robberies as some claim, just two of the best in their divisions going at it. The only solution is number#3 from these true warriors.

Comment

I thought Estrada won but I could be wrong . I'll watch it again today .

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
            Just...book Estrada/Rungvisai III, the Rubber Match, so Srisaket can stay southpaw and knock out Estrada.

We need to derail this Estrada/Choco trilogy. It's not healthy. Not when NSB will scream robbery after every fight.
            Lol the Thai got his ears boxed off. He’s a weight bully and strong af but one dimensional. This new reinvented Gonzalez would school him too.

Comment

Watching it, I thought Gonzalez won but it was close and a draw was a possibility. Having rewatched it, I still think Gonzalez won and that it's more difficult to see Estrada as the winner.

Interestingly, in their first fight there was a judge who seen Gonzalez winning by a much wider margin than the other two.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post

Lol the Thai got his ears boxed off. He’s a weight bully and strong af but one dimensional. This new reinvented Gonzalez would school him too.
                Boxed off?

Estrada lost EVERY round Srisaket stayed southpaw. It was a close fight that shouldn't have been.

Comment

Between Gonzalez, Estrada, SSR and Cuadras, there have been some awesome fights. Even tho El Principe looks a little more shopworn, I still wouldn't mind seeing any matchup combination of these four. Reminds me of Hagler (RIP), Leonard, Duran and Hearns.

Comment

He's right, you know..

Comment

Working...
                    X