Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Estrada: There Was No Robbery, The Fight Could Have Gone Either Way

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Estrada: There Was No Robbery, The Fight Could Have Gone Either Way

Mexico's Juan Francisco Estrada has acknowledged the public outcry over Saturday's scoring in his rematch with Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez at the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas. In an all-action fight, Estrada won a twelve round split decision to unify the WBA, WBC super flyweight titles.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It is Robbery lol

Comment

It wasn't a robbery (Bradley vs Pacquiao, Williams vs Lara those were robberies), the fight was very close with many swing rounds. The 117 card was off specially since he gave the last 5 rounds to Estrada. Personally I scored it a draw but I could see it 7-5 for either guy.

Comment

I would say 4 times out of 5 the Judges would give the win to the fighter that pushed the action in an otherwise even fight. But he's right, it's not out of the bounds of reason that he won even though I personally thought Chocolatito deserved the nod.

Comment

Not sure who started the false narrative that just because a fight is competitive that it can’t be a robbery. The absolute best Estrada deserved was a draw and that’s really stretching it to give him the benefit of the doubt all fight. Giving him a win is really going out of your way to make that happen.

Comment

It wasn't "the great heist", but still robbery nonetheless. Gonzalez, who pushed the action, landed more and outworked Estrada. Thus .. the outcry from the public.

Comment

Says the one who benefitted

Comment

That was a robbery. I don't get outrage too much but those scores were wrong. I was going for Estrada but the truth is the truth. Choco has his number.

Comment

Wrong guy won. A draw would have given every benefit of doubt to Estrada.

Comment

It was a close fight but I thought Chocalatito definitely deserved the victory and I thought while close it was fairly clear in who won the majority of the rounds. Estrada's corner thought he was losing and Estrada seemed resigned to defeat until the verdict was announced.

Comment

Working...
                    X