Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Terrell Gausha: I Made a Statement, I Put The Division On Notice

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Terrell Gausha: I Made a Statement, I Put The Division On Notice

Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Conn - Cleveland's Terrell Gausha (22-2-1, 11 KOs) scored an impressive second-round technical knockout over fellow Ohioan Jamontay Clark (15-2-1, 7 KOs) of Cincinnati.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I've always been unimpressed with Gausha in the past but he looked good on Saturday night against Clark. Even before the TKO, he looked a bit more aggressive in the first.

While stopping Clark doesn't really put the rest of the division "on notice", it does put Gausha in a good position for another fight of relevance.

Comment

I mean respect on that W. Terrell by early KO was literally the last thing I thought was going to happen in that fight (although I did pick him to win), but lets not go sucking are own dick just yet Terrell. Lets take into account who was the opponent. Lets take into account Terrell's age. Lets take into account past higher level opponents. The Terrell story is pretty much written in boxing. Again respect on the W. I hope he keeps catching some W's cuz it'd be a good story if he were to do that, but I think this caliber of guy & his age & the past suggest this is more a late upward move for him in his career than he's put his flag in the ground at 154 to claim his territory.

Comment

Gausha is a solid fighter but always does enough not to get out classed at the top level but not nearly enough to win. Lost nearly every round to Lubin but did not get bet up and did similar vs Lara. Though he probably won more rounds in that fight than he did against Lubin. Still, lost a clear decision.

This fight he had a little more urgency and really had no choice with Clark's style. Good stoppage win. We saw Fundora have a tough time with Clark not to long ago so I think that would be a good fight for Gausha next. Best Fundora and he's back in the hunt to get top opponents at 154.

Comment

Working...
        X