Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Estrada: It Was A Hard Fight With Chocolatito, Thought Maybe It Would Be A Draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Estrada: It Was A Hard Fight With Chocolatito, Thought Maybe It Would Be A Draw

Juan Francisco Estrada admits he wasn't sure what Michael Buffer would announce as he read the scores Saturday night. Estrada doesn't think Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez did enough to beat him in their 12-round, 115-pound title unification fight. The WBA/WBC super flyweight champion wouldn't have been surprised, though, if their back-and-forth fight would've resulted in a draw.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I appreciate his honesty. Not many fighters would say that.

Comment

Even Estrada didn't think he won!

Comment

Respect to both men. Hated to see anyone lose after the way both gave of themselves.
        Mammoth Mammoth likes this.

Comment

Honorable move from Estrada. So now even the winning boxer says it was a close competitive fight. Nobody (not judges, not journalists, not commentators, not fans), even comes close to knowing how the actual fight happened besides the two who were throwing and receiving punches. How can anybody justify Sucre's 117-111 scorecard!?!? He should be punished for such incompetence!
          Last edited by baroidi; 03-14-2021, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Thumb up to Estrada for being honest.

Chocolatito won, but a draw would have been almost acceptable. Six points to Estrada, that's corruption. That card reminded me of Paulie Malignaggi's "boxing is full of shyt" rant after being robbed vs Juan Diaz:

Last edited by Tatabanya; 03-14-2021, 03:19 PM.

Comment

That was no gift. Estrada got all lumped up, but I don't want to see 3, not soon. They're going to ruin each other.

Comment

The article says that Estrada avenged his loss against Roman. He knows that he got beat again. Generous score cards don't mean that he avenged his loss. I thought Estrada was going to win because he is the fresher of the two but wouldn't be surprised if Choco pulled it out because of his past performances. Great fight with a very crappy demoralizing decision.

Comment

Great! Maybe now the WBA can suspend whoever's idea was to have 4 champion's per division.

Comment

Wouldn't have minded a draw. Dont know how people are screaming robbery it was a close fight

Comment

Working...
                    X